Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Warbird Nats Results- 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:23 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warbird Nats Results- 2017

We made it thru the 2017 Warbird Nats- Barely
lol
High winds came thru on the morning of Friday (Day 2) and tore the main tent right out of it's foot print, which was our pit area.
A few planes that were left out sustained some damage. Then the rains continued til about 10:00, with more forecasted in an hour or two so we opted to call it and hand out trophies based on points from the 3 rounds of Gold and Silver and 4 in Bronze.

Here are the finishing positions

Bronze-
1st - Ray Brindos
2nd- Jeff Robinson
3rd- Matt Campi
4th- Gary Fisher

Silver-
1st - Robert Holik
2nd- Rick Culver
3rd- Tetsuo Yamada
4th- Richard Verano

Gold-
1st- Robert Holik
2nd- Randy Ritch
3rd - Tom Scott
4th- Marty Flood

Trophy Race awards went to fastest legal time in each class:

Gold- Robert Holik- 1:31:81
Silver- Richard Verano - 2:00:31
Bronze- Jeff Robinson- 2:36:06
Old 07-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry to here that the weather did not cooperate better with you. That is a very significant amount of hardship and money to spend to go all that way to compete, and come up shorted, somewhat, on the experience.

Yet . . . Congratulations to the top finishers! And, thanks to you, Marty, for organizing this event, again.

(I hope to make it again, next year. )

Ollie
Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A big shout out to a few people who's generosity and willingness to help others, made for a great Warbird Nats again this year.

Jeff Robinson:- Once again, he is hauling the majority of the entries to and from Indiana. - It is a lot of driving, stopping, packing, unpacking with many long days and short nights

Jim Gans and Jim Biebe and Joe Delatuer-Flight boss and Timing/Scoring ManagersJim and Jim went out right after the Q40 race and started setting up the pylon course so we could begin practicing asap. It was raining the whole time and they stayed out there- awesome commitment guys.- They also came out on their own dime just to help me run this race.- They are both part of our local racing in So Utah called SUPRA ("Southern Utah Pylon Racing Association")- Joe is always there to help and assist. I really appreciate his expertise- Thanks so much to all 3 of you guys

Bert Mitchell- The course equipment was all his- If you listened to the voice on the start clock it was him- I leaned over to someone when I heard it the first time and said, "Bert is here"- He paid for it out of pocket, built it and loaned it to us- Bert also runs our local SUPRA races and we are blessed to have him

Our Sponsors:
YS Engines- Richard Verano and Tetsuo Yamada- donating 3 engines once again, loaning out planes to new prospects and encouraging many to make the trip to ensure this a successful venue.

APC Props- Robert Holik once again donating funds to help with trophy purchase and course worker costs as well as the raffle drawing from The World Models, that beautiful Strega that Jim Allen won in the drawing.

Ritch's Brew- Randy Ritch making sure cases and cases of fuel show up for the racers.- I have been running his fuel since 2006 and have never been disappointed.

NMPRA- Thanks to Dan Kane, who sought us out last year and invited us, we were able to come back this year- He coordinates everything between us and Mike Condon and the AMA- Dan will be missed as he has stepped down as NMPRA President- We welcome new President Trey Witte- He raced with us and seems to be hooked

AMA- For always giving us everything we need to be successful
Old 07-25-2017, 06:42 PM
cowboy69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's wonderful to have such a dedicated group of competitors, volunteers, and sponsors promoting the hobby! Sorry, Marty (et al), the weather didn't cooperate better. I don't personally know Richard Verano, but that's a spectacular time!!! Jim Gans never seems to run out of ambition and willingness to help wherever he can. Hope everyone had a safe trip to their respective homes. Marty, I don't know why a person would ever leave Beaver now there's Beaver Taco (seriously authentic mexican food) AND a Denny's babe!
Sincerely,
Ernest Shackleton