Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

WarBirdRacing Website

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 03:33 PM
McBridesRacing

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default WarBirdRacing Website

To my fellow racers.

Last year was my rookie year racing the warbirds. I enjoy it very much. I would like to provide support to the racers and the CD’s. I can provide a website to house all the important information for future events and pilots. Also, through this site we can communicate between ourselves. I would like to get your feelings on developing this site. Currently I have created a demo site that is database driven. It will allow pilots to register themselves and login. If you sign in as a CD you will have control to add, remove and edit pilots and announcements.

Warbirdracing.org

Site Development:
Phase One
---Event Database with key information on upcoming events and venues
---Pilot database with the functionality to register to each event.

Phase Two
---Matrixing and scoring the event live on the website
---Pilots can login and get matrixes and results live on your cell phone at the event

Phase Three
---Upload pictures, get detail analysis on pilots base on results history, discussion forums, polling forms and anything else we can think of.

No doubt that it is a lot of work to code all of this. I am willing to do it only if your willing to use it.
If you are a CD and would like to use this tool and/or help develop it please reply or email me at [email protected]

As racers please feel free to reply your thoughts on the matter too.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:38 PM
RoyAndrassy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ben,

Sounds like a great idea. I am a pilot but carry on anyways.

Roy Andrassy
Old 12-06-2018, 06:23 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please yes! I also started about a year ago and was all over the place trying to find information. While waiting for my secret decoder ring I was lucky enough to find a helpful club member that got me on an email list. The whole process is not too conducive for attracting new racers.

I just hope that enough racers see THIS thread to provide you some constructive feedback.

Thanks for the hard work in advance!
Eric Huffman

Last edited by edh13; 12-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:16 AM
stang151

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like a great idea. Information can be a little hit or miss sometimes and a website will go a long way to help this. Hope everyone will use it.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:06 PM
McBridesRacing

Thanks for the response. I agree that information is hard to come by. However, I have not heard from any of the CD’s, other than Terry Yates. I am going to start on a basic database for the events and registration this week. Hopefully, we can get some input from the guys that this website will benefit the most. (the CD’s)
Old 12-13-2018, 09:55 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hats off to Ben!

I think this will be a very helpful tool for all Warbird racers as well as newcomers looking to become involved. I plan to visit often.
Dave
Old 01-27-2019, 08:32 AM
McBridesRacing

---- Web site update ---

The registration system is now completed. Please feel free to register for the Tucson race. John, the CD, will be looking a warbirdracing.org for his list of pilots. Also, the world points will be calculated and stored on this site. Currently I am working on the matrixing and scoring system. I hope to have it completed in time for the Tucson race.