Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

H9 Texan racing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Ghandi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Texan racing?

Hey, been flying for 2 years and wondering if there is any pylon racing around Washington for H9 Texans or a class that I could race that in?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:47 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Default RE: H9 Texan racing?

I'm not aware of any group that is specifically using the Hanger 9 AT-6 for racing. But it is a natural for club racing.

And for those that would rather build, Top Flite has the AT-6 TEXAN GOLD EDITION Kit in almost exactly the same size.

The RCPRO Warbird Committee had some discussion about developing a class around 1/7th scale AT-6 planes like the Hanger 9 and the Top Flite. We were talking about engine sizes, rules, etc.

What kind of engine do you have in your AT-6?
Old 08-27-2004, 02:35 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

One of these days I'll finish up my Hangar 9 Corsair. Don't think it will be a rocket, but should be fun with a Jett .90.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:44 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Dave,

If you don't have the JETT yet, Dub has two new engines in the .60/.90 size case. They are the BSE 1.00L and the BSE 1.20L.

And almost unbelievable is that he now has a .76 in a .40/.46 size case.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
daven

I already have the Jett. I have had it for about 2 years, and have still yet to fire it up. Had originally planned on using it on the PICA Corsair kit, but that project got pushed aside when the Hangar 9 came out.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:07 PM
PylonWorld
Banned

Dave,

So you're a fan of the bent wing bird, too ...

The first GWS Warbird I got was the F4U Corsair. I'm modifying it to be a F2G Super Corsair because I always liked the bubble canopy just a little better. But I have always liked Corsairs. My first control line model was a gleaming chrome Cox Corsair that my grandparents got me ... I was thrilled. It was B-E-A-utiful.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
daven

Yep, it will always be my favorite warbird. Can't wait to finally get this one up in the air. I will add some pretty green trim similar to a semi recent MA cover shot.

I built the Pica 1/12th scale version a few years ago, and although it flew well, it crashed on the 2nd flight due to an elevator pushrod failure.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Ghandi

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was gone for the weekend, my Texan is currently in minor disrepair but I'll have it going by mid-winter when I get the resources to fix it, and I've been using an older O.S. 1.20 in it.

Thanks for the help,
Andy
Old 04-18-2005, 02:48 AM
ozextra62

Hi Guys,

Downunder we run an AT-6 class based on the Midwest kit with 120 2 stroke engines and supplied fuel. The plane can be built from the a kit, plans, fibreglass and foam versions and even the new CMPro (Giant Scale Planes) ARF as long as the dimensions and wing thickness meets the race specs.
Great fun and close racing. This is the fastest growing area of competition in Australia.