Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

slomoshun help! Vendetta building?

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

slomoshun help! Vendetta building?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Chris300s
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slomoshun help! Vendetta building?

Hey Chris,

Can't you get some of your buddies to post here? I'd like to learn more about the set-ups on the giant scale racer's. I'm thinking about building a "Vendetta" out of a TF giant P-51 with foam cut Lear 23 wings. I'm also thinking about a G-62 (since I have one on the shelf) but remember something about the T-6 guys flying in the 120's with them? Is that correct? What mods, if any, are allowed on the G-62 and what props do they run?
A cursory look at some giant T-6's showed a 14% airfoil, do they really run that fast? A Vendetta with a 12% at 85" should haul, and have more squares than the stock kit/arf.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81075.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	193172  
Old 11-16-2004, 11:19 AM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: slomoshun help! Vendetta building?

You need to go to this site:

http://www.usrainfo.org/p51v.pdf

It shows the legal specs for the Vendetta.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Chris300s
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info Julius. I'm not looking to build a legal race plane, rather I'd like to build a pretty scale sport model and an wondering about airfoils and powerplant modifications. I will keep poking around the Giant Scale race sites though.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-17-2004, 12:19 PM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Chris,

As far as airfoils go, you might want something like an eppler 374 for a vendetta. At 12%, it is a good overall choice for turning radius, speed, and handling. G-62's are not supposed to be modified in the T-6 class and run with an open header. I'm not totally familiar with the top flight p-51, but a G-62 might be too much weight for your airplane. Try and keep it light overall, along with having an engine that does not stick out too much. Most of the t-6 racers are running an APC prop specifically made for the class with the G-62. I think you can call them up and order it if you want. Awhile back, there was an effort to start racing with webra 1.20's in the top flight T-6, which is smaller. The At-6's run a 15% laminar airfoil and are doing around 140 with the G-62.

Michael

note: typo corrected. airfoil should have been 374.