Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

USRA second race for World Championship Series

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

USRA second race for World Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:32 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default USRA second race for World Championship Series

The second race for the 2006 season of Giant Scale Pylon Racing is fast approaching, with Jefferson, Ohio as the designated location.
See the link below for more info.
This type of racing offers both racers and spectators the chance to enjoy real "Reno" style racing at three different venues each year. Horizon Hobby and JR as well as CRT and a few others really put on a great weekend of head to head racing in all the classes.

The Formula 1 GT class is the largest of the classes, with the F1 and Unlimiteds offering the only class with high$$$$$$ payouts. There is also a entry level class called "Dominator" (large Q500 Planes). A Bi-Plane class is enlisted if enough entries are recieved as well, and there are other classes listed but rarely have the needed quantity of entries to justify a race.
Talks are that at Parker,AZ (last of the races for 2006 scheduled for late October), the unlimiteds and F1 purse will be somewhere at $3000.00. This draws many of the "Top Gun" pilots in this sport.
The pits are open to the public and the racers are friendly and willing to share any info and answer as many questions as they can.
Come and spectate and maybe next year you will find yourself on the course turning left at speeds up to 238 MPH !!!

http://www.usrainfo.org/
Old 07-10-2006, 01:11 PM
lonestareracing
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: USRA second race for World Championship Series

Marty, Now you know the real speed was 245.... BTW Jerry will be painting you wing today or tomorrow

Bobby
Old 07-10-2006, 07:55 PM
MFLOOD3800

Bobby,
Was your gun clocking Fred @245 mph, cause I heard the announcer declare 238 mph.
The wild thing either way is these were actual speeds flying the course and not a phony "dive" reading like most everybody does.
I called Jerry yesterday for an update and got no answer so thx for the heads up Bobby.

If 245 it was then 245 it is
Thats Smokin'
Old 08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
MFLOOD3800

Just a reminder that the U.S.R.A. "Giant Scale Racing" mid-season venue is set for this next weekend (Aug 18-20). The site is in Ohio at the Ashtabula Co. Airport in Jefferson, Ohio. Racing starts on Friday morning and ends on Sunday morning.
The first race of the year held in Rantoul, Illinois featured "Broken World Records" in F1 Class, "Fastest recorded speeds" in Unlimited Class, "Mid airs", "Wire to Wire Racing", and several crashes resulting in close to $60-$80,000.00 in carnage.
You dont want to miss this if you are in the area.

There is only one more race for the 2006 season to be held in Parker, Az at the end of October. Come to the event nearest you and enjoy "Reno" style Pylon racing at its best as these Scale birds rip thru the air as one pilot battles it out with a field full of the sports best pilots- Head to Head, Wire to Wire Twin Cylinder Gas/Alchohol,Nitro burning Machines built only for speed.

Ya Baby!!!! you gotta love it!!!!