Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Rutan 1/5 scale Pond Racer molds

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Rutan 1/5 scale Pond Racer molds

Old 11-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Racerbuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rutan 1/5 scale Pond Racer molds

Hello all Racers,

Yes the Kit is from me and yes it will be sold from Troy Built Models. And yes when I lower the Price, also Troy will get this new Price. And Troy has no Pond in stock... (Sorry troy, make no new Price list yet..)

So for the moment we figure out how we can get the Planes cheaper way to US market, so you all have an benefit on this...

But I will go to our Factory next week and stay for 4 Weeks and ad some new planes in our program.. An T2 Jet, Eclipse 400 and a Scorpion F89 we also start with 2 new Prototypes one is the J10 and one is a secret.... (jet, 2 turbines, Folding wings (no sweep))

So we have a lot in common.

For the Pond racer we have not a lot interest befor, we still do this in the old factory what means we do this in old Molds and we have a lot work after demolding... if you guys order.... letst say about 5 Planes, I will transfere this kit, do new molds and make an ARF Kit out of it, for easy just built in your servos and engine....

For the moment we have 1-2 Orders a year, for that reason makes no sense do a new mold with new Production system...
Old 11-05-2011, 01:32 AM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have it made in China. That will help to decrease your price.

Saul
Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Racerbuilder

Hello Saul,

will you buy it made in china?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:01 AM
slevin1

Yes. In this hobby you really don't have much of a choice.

Saul
Old 11-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Racerbuilder

Hello Saul and all racers,

well, I can tell you, the New Models we built there.... not in an Factory wich is building planes, they original do much other things.

So they visit me in Germany, ask me I can teach them how to built airplanes.... and now we have a team in a factory wich is producing airplanes completely different like all others you may know from China....

So we start last year in May and now we have a production line with the finest Tools (Bush vaccumpump, Permagrid Tools, Proxxon, Fein, Dremel) The Vacuumsystem is all lined with Festo.... so we are built up from nothing to one of the finest RC Factorys in less then 1 Year....

We had already competition companys visit and they ask us produce for them, we desagree... with the knowlidge I transfered (42 year Experiance in modeling) we catched allready 2 of the biggest modelcompanys to produce there models in future. Also we get a big project from an Chinese University do a plane for them... to be continued....

So different way I have to explane: most companys in China make an resin hull and built lots of wood inside, the wood makes it strong but lots of weight.... we do it different, wood only where you need to install landing gears or gastank or turbine and engines, all other is so stabile cause we use different Resin and composite materials most of them we send from Germany over cause you not get them there. So we are seva from "Copy" our system...

So We will do a lot to become one of the most famous and Fines RC-Factorys. So we see... give us a bit of time...
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 AM
slevin1

Awesome!! :-)
Well I still want to buy one no matter where it is made.

Saul
Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 AM
PLANEINSANE1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slevin thats actually a very logical suggestion to have it made in china. most of the jet rc today are manufactured in china although some would deny that they are subcontracting. With all fairness to chinese manufacturers,some are getting really good at it and quality is getting better. And yes they are a solution if manufacturing cost is the issue. Its hard to deny that the numbers of rc plane modellers have increased tremendously oweing to the cheap manufacturing of electric planes which made the hobby very inviting not only to the " rich kids " in the block.
Many have learned from the electric powered styrofoams and have been hooked to the hobby since. Im not saying all the chinese products are good but some have earned their reputation. 3d planes,jets,trainers,radios, u name they did it...and many tbm products are from china...
...so slevin, that idea of yours is worth looking at!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:07 AM
slevin1

Any update on the pond racer build?
Saul
Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Racerbuilder

Not on the Pond Racer, but I can give you an idea what makes our Production different to the rest of chinese factorys....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34515.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1897201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73951.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	1897202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45883.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1897203   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd89243.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1897204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv15461.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1897205  
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM
slevin1

Looks great. By the way, what's the price in US dollars for the pond racer?
Saul
Old 02-07-2021, 07:52 PM
flyer1966
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Giant Pond Racer

Originally Posted by Racerbuilder
Hello all Racers,

like Perttime said, it is the German pond from me. This Pond is Powered bi 2 Engines from 3W 75 i Twin Spark Racing, turning a 20x16 with 9000 RPM and goes arround 250 Mph up.

We make this modell with an Wingspan from 3 Meter wich is almoust 10 Foot. We only offer this Modell after 5 Years experience in Fibre composite and make this modell, we need 21 Molds to make the Parts.

This Modell you can go full Power and fly em Race like, also with the Flaps we have on, you can slow them down.

Take a Look at my Racer Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SAXKFQgivs for the Mong Racer Biplane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wsl...eature=related for the Nemesis Formula1

and the Pond: http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...ient=firefox-a

Have fun............. go fast, turn left
so is this Giant Pond Racer still being sold?????
Old 02-08-2021, 12:10 AM
Racerbuilder

Well....

We startet with Air-C-Race in 1999
We offered the Nemesis F1 Kit 1999
We ad tze Mong Racer in 2001
We ad the Pond Racer in 2003

So we offer the pond now since 17 Years....

We produced in China between 2008 and 2014, since 2015 we are back in germany and produce on our own.....

So pondracer we can offer following:Pond Racer 2 mot Airracer

A purebred racer. 2 engines, brought in the original with 3 times 3 liter car engines with methanol on 2×2,000 HP, this original Rutan Design flew considerable speeds. In a testflight inclination one of the engines came on fire and in the subsequent emergency landing, the machine overturned and the pilot Rick Brickert was killed. We took over the model from Manfred Topp and the model is really breathtaking. In over 21 molds, the parts are made without exception in GRP and CFRP and put together to a model which inspires the spectators on every flight day. The model can be motorized from 60 ccm up to 100 or even more ccm … we have pretty much built everything that there are engines …. 60ccm, in our opinion, but the lower engine is dar …. 75 twin spark , 90 he 1 cylinder 135 he 4 strokes, 112 he 4 cylinders or 12 KW electric with 45 cells per side …. everything had been there before …. not difficult to fly and land landing as well as easy to land.

Scale 1: 2.5

Span 2.93 meters

Length 2.44 meters

Weight from 18 kg without fuel

Drive 2x60ccm to 2x100ccm

Kit contents:
  • 2 fuselages with tail mounts
  • 2 outside carrying surfaces with elastic ailerons
  • 1 indoor deck with Elastic flaps
  • 2 aluminum tubes
  • 1 elevator
  • 2 Finns small
  • 2 Finns Gross
  • 2 hoods
  • 2 spinners aluminum
  • 1 rudder
  • 1 cover with lock
  • 1 canopy frame
  • 1 clear cabin hood
  • 2 Suspension Panel / Speedbrakes
  • 2 tanks each with 1.0 liter venting and tanker
  • 1 CNC frame set in foam / GRP and wood as well as wood / CFK
  • 1 small parts and screw set (aluminum, plastic and stainless steel screws)

We offer the kit in 3 variants:

Basic:

This kit is for the lovers of the tight budget. All parts as above, but here are only the Hauptsteckungsspant and tailstock installed and calibrated. The other frames can be glued themselves, but are included.

Price:3,499 euro

ARF:

Here are all parts installed, glued, rudder lever installed, landing gear flaps struck, plug, rc boards, tank, horizontal stabilizer, servo frame everything already created and ready to install the RC system and engines.

Price:4,999 euro

Turnkey:

Ever ordered a model in such an execution? We not only offer our models in this version but also external kits. Execution: All work is done. Electric undercarriage from Behotec, engines from 3W (2x75erTS), RC components and batteries from Powerbox, servos from Savox, paint on request, ready to fly and set. We build and set everything. Model is delivered down to transmitter and receiver. (Forwarding agency EU included)

Price:10,999 euro

Interest? Get an offer at [email protected] and we will make you an offer according to your ideas and with your desired components. We manufacture all parts in Germany, all composite materials are sourced from German dealers, all materials used meet the highest quality standards and have been tried and tested over decades. Composite and hand laminate, painting and assembly are built in Germany by our own professionals, we are a training company and train technical modellers. Your project is in good hands.

Youtube Video:

Last edited by Racerbuilder; 02-08-2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:46 AM
slevin1

Default Video build

Here is a link to my channel with a build vlog of the ACR Composites Pond Racer.
https://youtube.com/user/sml123ism

Saul
Old 02-08-2021, 02:38 PM
flyer1966
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pond Racer

Originally Posted by Racerbuilder
Well....

We startet with Air-C-Race in 1999
We offered the Nemesis F1 Kit 1999
We ad tze Mong Racer in 2001
We ad the Pond Racer in 2003

So we offer the pond now since 17 Years....

We produced in China between 2008 and 2014, since 2015 we are back in germany and produce on our own.....

So pondracer we can offer following:Pond Racer 2 mot Airracer

A purebred racer. 2 engines, brought in the original with 3 times 3 liter car engines with methanol on 2×2,000 HP, this original Rutan Design flew considerable speeds. In a testflight inclination one of the engines came on fire and in the subsequent emergency landing, the machine overturned and the pilot Rick Brickert was killed. We took over the model from Manfred Topp and the model is really breathtaking. In over 21 molds, the parts are made without exception in GRP and CFRP and put together to a model which inspires the spectators on every flight day. The model can be motorized from 60 ccm up to 100 or even more ccm … we have pretty much built everything that there are engines …. 60ccm, in our opinion, but the lower engine is dar …. 75 twin spark , 90 he 1 cylinder 135 he 4 strokes, 112 he 4 cylinders or 12 KW electric with 45 cells per side …. everything had been there before …. not difficult to fly and land landing as well as easy to land.

Scale 1: 2.5

Span 2.93 meters

Length 2.44 meters

Weight from 18 kg without fuel

Drive 2x60ccm to 2x100ccm

Kit contents:
  • 2 fuselages with tail mounts
  • 2 outside carrying surfaces with elastic ailerons
  • 1 indoor deck with Elastic flaps
  • 2 aluminum tubes
  • 1 elevator
  • 2 Finns small
  • 2 Finns Gross
  • 2 hoods
  • 2 spinners aluminum
  • 1 rudder
  • 1 cover with lock
  • 1 canopy frame
  • 1 clear cabin hood
  • 2 Suspension Panel / Speedbrakes
  • 2 tanks each with 1.0 liter venting and tanker
  • 1 CNC frame set in foam / GRP and wood as well as wood / CFK
  • 1 small parts and screw set (aluminum, plastic and stainless steel screws)

We offer the kit in 3 variants:

Basic:

This kit is for the lovers of the tight budget. All parts as above, but here are only the Hauptsteckungsspant and tailstock installed and calibrated. The other frames can be glued themselves, but are included.

Price:3,499 euro

ARF:

Here are all parts installed, glued, rudder lever installed, landing gear flaps struck, plug, rc boards, tank, horizontal stabilizer, servo frame everything already created and ready to install the RC system and engines.

Price:4,999 euro

Turnkey:

Ever ordered a model in such an execution? We not only offer our models in this version but also external kits. Execution: All work is done. Electric undercarriage from Behotec, engines from 3W (2x75erTS), RC components and batteries from Powerbox, servos from Savox, paint on request, ready to fly and set. We build and set everything. Model is delivered down to transmitter and receiver. (Forwarding agency EU included)

Price:10,999 euro

Interest? Get an offer at [email protected] and we will make you an offer according to your ideas and with your desired components. We manufacture all parts in Germany, all composite materials are sourced from German dealers, all materials used meet the highest quality standards and have been tried and tested over decades. Composite and hand laminate, painting and assembly are built in Germany by our own professionals, we are a training company and train technical modellers. Your project is in good hands.

Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYTmMOGrHPY

so how much does it cost to ship the pond racer to the United States?
Old 02-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Racerbuilder

Hello,

yes, nice question..... I really do not know...

Before the "C" we send to USA around 450 Euro...

In this times we can not tell what the price is. We send smaller packiges to USA ane pay double and more in this moment...

So depends what you order..... if you order the basic kit we have production time around 8-9 Weeks, if you order ARF we talk about 10-12 Weeks and flight ready 15+ Weeks...

to tell you the delivery cost in this time so far away it is flipping a dice.... Sorry for that.... shipping something between 450 and 1.500 Euro...
Old 02-12-2022, 09:40 AM
toysekroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/3 scale Pond Racer

Got my 1/3 scale Pond Racer wich I purchased back in 1994. Scale retracts and two Quadra Aerrow RSS engines, one turning clockwise on custom mufflers. Only started construction barely.I am glad someone are still interested in this extraordinairy plane that ended its days back in the beginning of the 1990s.Too bad there was never any movie made of the original. Well, this one is certainly going to fly some day.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:36 AM
slevin1

Default Pond Racer

Post some pics please. I’d love to see your build.

https://youtube.com/user/sml123ism

Check out the Plane Fun R/C channel. I did a Pond Racer Build last year.

Saul