Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Plans for racing planes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 11:36 PM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for racing planes

Hi folks
Does anyone know where i can get plans ( about 90sized) or larger for a Midget Mustang or Cosmic Wind. I am aware there are a couple ARTFs out there but I vowed to myself never to get another one as in my expereice they are not worth the money.

Mike
Old 02-08-2003, 01:01 AM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Duane Gall has designed a Toni/Cosmic Wind for .90 power. You can download .dxf files or DesignCAD files of his drawings from his website: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~stinger4/

I've flown his Toni. It is a GREAT flier! It flies like a pattern plane.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:28 AM
TiGuy
My Feedback: (1)

And even though you have sworn off ARF's, my shoestring ARF held it's own, thank you very much, to Duane's Toni with an OS 91 FX. Very close in speed, stability. ...Right Duane?
Old 02-10-2003, 06:13 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the beauty of the rules Dible & I concocted -- the ARFs are allowed & encouraged, but not required. "Custom builds" like the Toni have to be just a tad bigger and heavier.

Why go to the trouble of building a custom job? Because the ARFs aren't clean enough or snazzy enough to suit you. But guess what, you won't be able to blow them away. Somebody who chooses to bring out an off-the-shelf Shoestring or Midget Mustang can still keep up ... just like your Shoestring can keep up with my Toni.

Look at other threads on this forum and you'll see the conniptions guys are going through with the "one-design" ARF events. Example: Can I add carbon fiber to the wing and still call it stock? What if I take a stock wing, strip off the covering, and add full sheeting to smooth out the rib bays? Is it stock then? None of that with F1 Sport. Make slick Rickey Rat out of your Shoestring if you want, but you'll have to add 50 squares and 4 ounces to be legal.

Dr. Evil