Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

nice shots

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 03:36 PM
nashtm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice shots

Nice plane DHG - any more plans in the pipeline ?

Tim
Old 07-01-2003, 07:17 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Quickie

Tim,

Thanks! Maybe a Cassutt, just to prove that a constant-chord wing and slab-sided fuselage can be competitive under the draft rules ... long story here. In F1 Sport, the thickness measurement point is 10 inches out, not right at the center. So a 12 percent, constant chord, 12" x 64" wing would measure the same as a highly tapered Cosmic Wind wing with a 16" root, 8" tip, and 64" span. That wasn't the case under the old Formula 1 rules, nor under the Quarter 40 (event 422) rules, in which any constant-chord wing that meets the thickness spec at the root pays a big penalty in frontal area because it stays that thick all the way to the tip, unlike a tapered one which can go right down to nothing.

Dible gets the credit for that crafty little wrinkle ... I'm not smart enough. I'm still trying to figure out why I have one Q40 engine that's a stump-puller and one that can't get out of its own way, when they both measure the same and have good bearings and fresh pistons & sleeves. Maybe I need to purchase a better quality of road-kill squirrel oil.

The Curious Chronicler