Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Dec. 5th Tucson race info

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:08 PM
tsawyer148
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dec. 5th Tucson race info

Myself and a couple of other guys here are planning on being at Tucson on Dec. 5th, but one of the gentlemen called and asked about the information concerning the race. According to information in the AMA magazine, the race is going to follow the SWRA Lite rules. If this is the case, other than the TIMPA field requireing a muffler is there any other differences we should be looking at as far as the SWRA Lite rules vs. the RCPro warbird rules? Which breakout times are going to be used? In short, I am just wondering which rule set is going to govern the race.

Also, what is the entry fee? If you fly in two classes is the entry fee the same for both?

If someone can clarify this a little it would be grealty appreciated, we will be driving 9 hours one way and staying at least 2 nights so I would hate like hell to get there and find out we are not within the guidelines to run.

Thanks for any help.

Bert.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
MONGO44

Default RE: Dec. 5th Tucson race info

What is SWRA Lite rules? Didnt know about these rules. I remember the old SWRA rules but what is the LITE mean?
Old 11-24-2009, 05:23 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

SWRA LITE RULES

Model Aircraft Qualifications:
A. Same qualifications as for aircraft in rules for standard SWRA racing, including wing area and engine chart.
B. Aircraft must be complete and not missing major parts that would detract from basic outline of actual aircraft (canopy, cowl, spinner, major scoops, etc.). Aircraft must also be flown complete or a 10% penalty will be charged for any missing part.
C. Any modification to aircraft, which changes the basic outline, must be documented with published drawings or photos of actual full size aircraft.
D. No scale judging but a 10% bonus for aircraft done in scale colors and markings with documentation to be judged by C.D. or appointed person.
E. A 10% bonus for multi -engine aircraft.

Race Format:

A. One-day event with 5 rounds, 4 if weather were a factor.
B. SWRA three classes with the breakout rule.
C. Pace plane or auto count down to be decided by C.D.
D. All SWRA race and safety rules apply.

SWRA LITE START

A. There will be a 90 sec. engine start time in which the pilot must get his engine running. If the engine is not running by the end of the 90 sec.,he or she will not be allowed to take off.

B. Pilots will take off at the direction of the Flagperson. If the engine should die on take off before the end of the 90 sec., you will be allowed to restart if done in a timely manner.

C. Once all running aircraft are in the air, the horn will be blown to notify pilots that a 30 sec. count-down will being. When the count gets to zero the green flag will drop and the race will begin. At this point all aircraft must be on the left half of the course or any one who is not will be black flagged. If you think you are about to blow the start, turn to the back of the course and back behind the main body of aircraft. This is for safety and so you don’t T-bone another aircraft.

Because of the new racing format being changed to one day we had to speed the possess of getting the races started faster. At the same time trying not to take too much time from the start up possess. Hopefully this will workout and we can always improve on it after trying it for await if needed.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:25 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Check out this link to the Scale Warbird Racing Association
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 PM
jagfly
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about the wrong info on the AMA noctice about the Tucson Race on Dec. 5th, it will be run by RCPRO rules. The entry fees will be $30 for the first and $10 for the second.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 PM
tsawyer148

Thank you for the replies, we'll see ya'll on the 5th!!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't able to make the race but I am anxious to hear how it went. Please give us a recap of the days events as soon as you are able.

Pics would be great as well.

Blessings, Terry
Old 12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
tsawyer148

It was an absolute great time Terry, I wish you could have been there. I lost my bronze plane due to Cranial Flatulence, and my Silver plane did okay but not near what it should have done...old engine and not running like it should. The guys in Tucson are a great group, just like every other group I have had the pleasure of meeting through the Warbird racing. John and Clay and all those who were involved really did a top notch job putting this race on and I thank you and all of your club and everyone involved for another splendid time.

Bert.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the report Bert. Sorry to hear about your Strega. Fortunately they are cheap to replace and easy to build. I really wish I could have been there. I am going to try real hard to make the February race. Hopefully someone can post some pics of the race.

Blessings, Terry