Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

1/7 scale P-51 with YS Dingo, has it been done?

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

1/7 scale P-51 with YS Dingo, has it been done?

Old 02-15-2010, 12:36 PM
eddyc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/7 scale P-51 with YS Dingo, has it been done?

This isn't about a 170 Dingo or 1/7 scale Mustang but since there are a lot of YS knowledgeable warbird racers reading this thread, I have a question. My 110S reverses itself and starts running backwards at low idle. It is also very rich in the midrange. Idle to full throttle transition is good though. Should I go leaner on the low end screw, or go a little less pressure on the regulator? Trying to get this bird dialed in for the April race. Thanks. EC
Old 04-27-2010, 05:13 PM
A 4 liter V8 eater

ORIGINAL: eddyc

This isn't about a 170 Dingo or 1/7 scale Mustang but since there are a lot of YS knowledgeable warbird racers reading this thread, I have a question. My 110S reverses itself and starts running backwards at low idle. It is also very rich in the midrange. Idle to full throttle transition is good though. Should I go leaner on the low end screw, or go a little less pressure on the regulator? Trying to get this bird dialed in for the April race. Thanks. EC
I actually LOL'd reading that. Wow, that is pretty funny that it runs backwards at idle. Only thing I can think is that your timing is way off. Have you taken the engine apart before?

Any updates on YS DZ powered racers? Speeds attained and plane size? CR, is that Rare Bear done?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 PM
eddyc
My Feedback: (11)

I swear it's true! I land, roll out, bring it to a low idle and do a U turn to taxi back, then when I add power to begin the taxi the plane starts moving backwards! I did take it apart to straighten the prop shaft after a bad crash.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:22 PM
A 4 liter V8 eater

Resurrecting this 11 year old thread. I still have a YS 170DZ and want to know the if there are still any good 1/7 scale P-51's made to install it on? There was talk on this thread of a composite P-51 possibility, did anything ever come of that? I have a never assembled H9 Blue Nose, but from what I recall reading years ago, these are pretty fragile. Is WM done with 1/7 scale?
Old 09-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Barrowed YS

Default Take my money!

Originally Posted by Tommy_Gun
Yes it has been done with very good results.
Here is a composite Stiletto #84 made from a TF P-51 kit.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahGEgRvReuw[/youtube]
‘know where I can get one of these?