Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Alright boys, I got my last day of practice in before the race. I should be good to go. I haven't timed my plane on the course, so it should be interesting to see how it goes. Will I be too slow for Gold? Will I break out? Who knows. I'm going to have fun either way.

I will be bringing headers for the YS 63 and 91-170 to sell. Race special $15. I also have four 13x11 APCs I'd like to sell if anyone is interested.

Chris
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Same here, got my last laps in here in the Mendo, so I will see you all next week. Looking forward to the good planes, good food, and good friends.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I wrung out my Miss Ashley II today with a new engine setup and are ready for next weekend. Looking forward to it as a bunch of us from Morgan Hill will be making the trek.

Michael
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26123.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1446124  
Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM
roy batty

Huh,
All the chest thumping, seat sniffers sure have toned it down since they heard the Bay Area guys are coming over.
Coincidence?
Old 06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
ChrisAttebery

It's kinda hard to talk smack with people you don't know that well. After this race I'm sure the volume will get turned back up a notch or two...

I'll admit, I'm VERY interested to see how the Tomcats group does at SAMS. I believe that we have a couple planes that could break out. I have no idea if I'll break out or be a backmarker. I've never even timed my plane on the course.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Todd Chandler

ORIGINAL: roy batty

Huh,
All the chest thumping, seat sniffers sure have toned it down since they heard the Bay Area guys are coming over.
Coincidence?
Roy if you were smart you wouldn't bother coming out Sunday. Just stay in your mamas basement where you won't have to suffer the public redicule of getting smoked by locals and bay boys alike.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Todd Chandler

Let's not forget that Roy Batty was a no show at the BigK after "something" came up at the last minute. I'll be impressed if he even shows.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ease up a bit there TB,
I hear that Roy is a bit bi-polar and unmedicated. Don't want to go provoking anything there.
Especially with that wall art in your garage/shop.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

I for one am happy the Bay area guys are comming over. It will be refreshing to race with new faces. We all worked very hard to make wing-vs-engine changes to ease in some of the larger 2 stroke users. So far we haven't seen squat! So I hope some of you guys make the trip. You guys have J.Skids to thank for all of his hard work in restructuring the engine rules. I will try my best again with my old slow poke P-47 keeping it up high so not to get in the way of the "real Fast" guys. Good luck to all!

Dave
Old 06-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

I for one am happy the Bay area guys are comming over. It will be refreshing to race with new faces. We all worked very hard to make wing-vs-engine changes to ease in some of the larger 2 stroke users. So far we haven't seen squat! So I hope some of you guys make the trip. You guys have J.Skids to thank for all of his hard work in restructuring the engine rules. I will try my best again with my old slow poke P-47 keeping it up high so not to get in the way of the ''real Fast'' guys. Good luck to all!

Dave
Not sure how many of us have benefited from changes on the engine/wing area rules. My plane would have never made it with the engine it had in it (1.20 two stroke) @ 520 sq/in. The biggest problem is that it's always hard to build airplanes that bridge the gap across several sets of rules. Obviously, we do not require a breakout time at our field, so speed is not an issue.

Either way, we're looking forward to coming up. I have pretty much taken time off of racing for other areas of life over the past five years, so it will be nice to start racing some.

Michael
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
ChrisAttebery

Dave,

I believe that there will be two or maybe three of our stock 75 planes racing in Silver. Most of our guys that are coming have built YS powered planes that will run in our 120 or Unlimited classes and will meet the SAMS rules.

Chris

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

I for one am happy the Bay area guys are comming over. It will be refreshing to race with new faces. We all worked very hard to make wing-vs-engine changes to ease in some of the larger 2 stroke users. So far we haven't seen squat! So I hope some of you guys make the trip. You guys have J.Skids to thank for all of his hard work in restructuring the engine rules. I will try my best again with my old slow poke P-47 keeping it up high so not to get in the way of the ''real Fast'' guys. Good luck to all!

Dave
Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 PM
JPGale

My stock 75 is running as a backup to the YS powered beast. I know Mick and Joe are going to run their 75's and there is always Marcelo as well.

I am looking forward to this weekend, I will be having a blast, I will bring some food for the Saturday cook out as well.

See (beat?) you all soon.

Bulldog
Old 06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tommy_Gun

Ease up a bit there TB,
I hear that Roy is a bit bi-polar and unmedicated. Don't want to go provoking anything there.
Especially with that wall art in your garage/shop.
Tommy,
Don't be so hard on the Bear...... after all remember what happnened last year.
Skids

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60061.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1446917  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM
roy batty

I'm still coming for you Jimmy.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Jimmy Skids

Roy-

Don't take me the wrong way as I say this with the highest of respect....... Bring it!..... and bring a towel to wipe your tears of sorrow. You'll know who I am by the end of the day! I've beat you down before and will do so again!

Respectfully,

Jimmy Skids
Old 06-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Tommy_Gun

Wow Jimmy that's harsh dude. Such venom.
Besides Whats T-Bear got to do with that situation last year?

I was only looking out for Teddy to try to keep him out of Roys sights.
Looks like you got Roy distracted enough as it is though. Better you than me.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Jimmy Skids

Tommy-

Spoke with the CD and Roy hasn't registered yet, to me it doesn't even look like Roy will make the race..... hmmmm.... must be too scared to show yet again.

So know you don't have to worry about Roy and can focus on your flying.

All-

Four days to go. See you at the race.

Jimmy Skids
Old 06-04-2010, 10:51 AM
PLANEBENDER

Thats awesome news guys!!! We are happy to have you guys joining us. 2 Stroke, 4Stroke...Who gives a darn! Just as long as we can all get together and have a good time. I like smack talk as much as the next guy BUT, He who dishes it out must also be able to take it as well. So young Grasshoppah, It you talk smack and deliver...Cool. But if you smack talk and fall on your face and recieve laughing in your face you must sit down to the table with your knife and fork and enjoy a hearty meal of CROW!!!

Good luck to all!

Planebender
Old 06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Dave,

Be easy on us rookies...LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Gentlemen, start your engines.......

In 45 hours
Old 06-05-2010, 02:32 AM
PLANEBENDER

ORIGINAL: T34RACING

Dave,

Be easy on us rookies...LOL
Yeah, You a funny guy Kev. Remember, I've never won Dog Squeeze and any of your races. Just had to clean you guys oil off my plane After I got smoked...LOL

Dave
Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
ChrisAttebery

Alright boys, less than 24 hours. Can't wait to see you all there.

Is there a BBQ on site or should I plan to bring my own lunch?

Old 06-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,

I hope you get this message in time. We have a "snack shack" that provides a fair selection of basics for the spectators, pilots, and race workers. There are burgers, hot dogs, chili, chili dogs, nachos, sodas, water, candy bars, and chips (and perhaps more, but that is what comes to mind off the top of my head). Many ofthe racersbring snacks too. While the BBQs are used for cooking the burgers and dogs that the Snack Shack sells during the races, they are likely not available for individual, personal use.

Ollie
Old 06-06-2010, 08:40 PM
still4given

So what happened? Let's hear some details.

Blessings, Terry
Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Tommy_Gun

Lots of pictures and some videos on the way.
It will take a little while to process things.
Bottom line, LOADS of FUN.
Great dinner with friends last night before sleeping under the clear cool starry skies on Saturday evening.
Jake came thru with chips and salsa from the closest Chevy's as he said he would. And Sergio and Chance treated me to a surf and turf dinner that left me almost no room for Kimmy's (Ricochet) strawberry short cake! Lots of friendly banter with old friends and new as we reintroduces ourselves to some of our bay area visitors that were also camping out.
We drank more than our share of our favorite beverages before turning in. And we even had a nice visit from a very friendly park ranger.
It seems some fruitcake turned us all in for "illegal camping". The ranger pulled up had a short conversation with us and deemed all was well. Man there sure are some strange folks out there eh?
I don't remember all the standings. But I do remember that our first young lady warbird race pilot took 2nd in the bronze on her first outing! Way to go Bianca! And to think, we only just cut the buddy cord on her Corsair just the DAY BEFORE!. You all shoulda seen her dad Marcello, I thought his chest was gonna burst! And she finished with more points in bronze than he got in silver.
I'll let skids post the actual results before I make a mess of guessing at them.
I do remember that I got third in gold and was only able to do so because Sergio took care of me like the big braddah I never had!
When I had a flame out on landing with my silver 190 and pulled the wing out of the mounts, Sergio offered me the use of his NEW WM Voo Doo Chile with a fresh YS 1.10 on the nose. Can you believe that guy?! I wonder if he called the rangers on us?
Dave Sullivan got second from me with us tied for points but he had better overall times for the day. And Jimmy Skids took FIRST in GOLD!
Well done guys.
I'll stop here till Skids can get the official results up.
In all we had 45 or 46 entries in the three classes with only eight of them in bronze. Many out of the area visitors from the bay area and the other side of the Sierras. And a good number of spectators.
Well done SAM's! And a big "THANK YOU!", to all the clubs volunteers for their time and hard work in making this event happen.
Such things are not possible without them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.