Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

Old 09-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 5th Annual Trashman Classic SAMs Warbird Race

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

Everyone is pretty quiet with only two weeks left. Trixie and I may start to think the Sac group a bit boring and decide to stay home LOL just pulling some leg. We have all our arrangements in place and are looking forward to hanging with yoose guys.
That's because Leadfoot hasn'tstarted to stir the pot, yet. I think he knows that we've got his number and is afraid to "pull the trigger."

I mean how much smacktalkcan you reallyget away withwhen the only thing you are faster than . . . is a turkey vulture?!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: pjakew

Ill pick up the chips and salsa again. Just to let you know T-Gun, Red from the Wine Country Flyers relayed the message . Just be sure to have a cold one (or two) for me. If you need anything else, let me know. If we are expecting a larger BBQ crowd I can pick up an extra helping, just need to know.

Jake

So is the big BBQ night gonna be Saturday this time, like last year; or are you guys planning on Friday, instead (or both)? 'Cause you know I've got some drinks comin'!

Ollie
Old 09-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, big talk from a guy who threw away his silver championship points for a Cher concert. At least I went out there and collected my 5 points like a man! I bet you are saying, "If I could turn back time" and go racing I wouldn't be in this mess!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Hmmm, big talk from a guy who threw away his silver championship points for a Cher concert. At least I went out there and collected my 5 points like a man! I bet you are saying, ''If I could turn back time'' and go racing I wouldn't be in this mess!
Leadfoot.... did you mean "saying" or SINGING.....
Skids
Old 09-14-2010, 08:57 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

You know looking at that picture a light bulb just went on. I figured out why some guys have a ton of pictures of their airplanes in flight and I have not seen one of mine..............THESLOWAIRPLANESAREEASIERTOPHOTO GRAPH! hahahahahahah

Old 09-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Actually Speedracer, there is no pictures because your ugly plane kept breaking the lens on the camera.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

Hmmm, big talk from a guy who threw away his silver championship points for a Cher concert. At least I went out there and collected my 5 points like a man! I bet you are saying, ''If I could turn back time'' and go racing I wouldn't be in this mess!
Leadfoot.... did you mean ''saying'' or SINGING.....
Skids
Haha, I'm picturing Ollie singing it and it's funnier that way!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Iron Dog

Hmmm, big talk from a guy who threw away his silver championship points for a Cher concert. At least I went out there and collected my 5 points like a man! I bet you are saying, "If I could turn back time" and go racing I wouldn't be in this mess!
". . . 5 points . . .?"

That's your smack talk?!!!

He he he he he he he! HA HA HA HA HA HA!HO HO HO HO HO HO!
(Snort! Snort!)

. . .

. . .

Sorry. I laughed so hard I fell outa my chair.

Okay . . .I'm back now.

uhm. . . Whatwere you trying say, Casey?!!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Iron Dog

Leadfoot,

Your smack talk is as "F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!" as your Cher comments (not to mentionyour Cher lyrics knowledge),
andas "F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!" your"manly" 5 points!

Oh, and by the way:

I have to admit that it's never fun watching rock stars get old, but Klaus Meine of the Scorpionsgets his 60+ year old bones around that stage, faster than you get that bucket of bolts around those pylons! (The proof is in that picture!)

I saw a couple ofyour heats before I left for the Bay Area. . .and,y-e-a-h,the Scorpions put on a muchmore interestingperformance.

You better "Bring it" better than 5 points you "manly-man", or "Man-cub" and the others are going to "rock you like a hurricane!" (and yes, I acknowledge that was cheesy, but their lyrics don't leave me much to work with here. At least I'm not quoting Cher! . . . and, Man-cubprobably will bring hisHurricane, again.)
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM
speedracerntrixie

Of course it's ugly......it's a Macchi
Old 09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
JPGale

Well all,

I am looking forward to racing with the big boys this weekend, the stang with the YS120 in is plenty fast. A change of plans means that I will be truck camping again on Friday and Saturday night, I will be travelling from work on Friday night so with food and traffic I expect to be there around 8 to 9pm ish.

See you all soon and happy losing to me.

James
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

I for one can't wait for this weekend! The final race of the year. We get to find out who takes home the first place trophy in each class for the year! Not to mention bragging rights!

I saw a pretty cool act of kindness last sunday. Bianca's race plane ended up taking a dirt nap and none other then Jimmy Skids came to the rescue and got her a new world models p-51 before she even left the field! I'm sure the DaSilva's are throwing that thing together this week to give me some competion this weekend. Good juju Skids!

Good luck to everyone. I'm looking forward to good racing and good bar-b-que's!

See, I can be nice and not make fun of everybody!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: JPGale

Well all,

I am looking forward to racing with the big boys this weekend, the stang with the YS120 in is plenty fast. A change of plans means that I will be truck camping again on Friday and Saturday night, I will be travelling from work on Friday night so with food and traffic I expect to be there around 8 to 9pm ish.

See you all soon and happy losing to me.

James
James,

Let us know if you need some supplies, etc once you get to town, I won't be staying at the field, but the guys have my number. If you need something and they don't have it just give me a call.

Skids
Old 09-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Skids

I for one can't wait for this weekend! The final race of the year. We get to find out who takes home the first place trophy in each class for the year! Not to mention bragging rights!

I saw a pretty cool act of kindness last sunday. Bianca's race plane ended up taking a dirt nap and none other then Jimmy Skids came to the rescue and got her a new world models p-51 before she even left the field! I'm sure the DaSilva's are throwing that thing together this week to give me some competion this weekend. Good juju Skids!

Good luck to everyone. I'm looking forward to good racing and good bar-b-que's!

See, I can be nice and not make fun of everybody!
Leadfoot,
I can honestly say that my motivation was not to provide her a plane with the intent to beat you in bronze. My only thought was that she was so upset about loosing the Bee that we all could chip in and get her back up and flying. I took her motor down to nothing, hosed it down with cleaner, blew it out with compressed air, then flushed it in a big bucket of methanol, then hosed it down again, then blew it dry, then oiled everything, called YS for spare parts, ordered the parts and with any luck we should have the new Miss America flying by Thursday (Her dad and I spoke today and he is almost done with assembly). In my search for parts MANY racers offered assistance and the answer was always whatever she needs she can HAVE. It's very touching to see all the people who are willing to help out the youth in getting a plane up in the air.

With that said I wish the two of you good luck this weekend in the Bronze. Since your post was so positive I can't really root against you (Door opened for Tommy or Roy to come in and bash all the racers now).
Skids
Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

I hope my post didn't sound like you were rooting against me. That is not what I was trying to say. I just thought it was very cool that people take time out to help other racers with advice, building, and even new airplane kits. I have learned alot from everybody out there. It's great being a part of a club where everybody helps out everybody.
I was feeling bad when that plane went in because I thought she wasn't going to race and I want her to. We have been talking smack since the last race and I want her to get in there and mix it up with all of us. If she beats me then she deserves it, but I'm just glad that she will be racing.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Todd Chandler

Wow, will somebody shake these guys? it's almost gametime and they're getting all sappy. I think they've lost their "mojo"

War!!!!!! Bianca kicking Caseys ass!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Todd Chandler

I have decided to race but not sure if in bronze or silver, it's going to be a game time decision. But rest assured I'll be out for blood and hardware............You bunch a pansies.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

I will be there Friday to get some practice in and enjoy the evening festivities. Looks like the weather will be solid for the weekend. Since nobody else is trash talkin, let me go ahead a fill the gap...

Featherfoot, just so you don't forget when you are behind me in points and the podium...THERE IS NO SECOND PLACE, JUST FIRST PLACE LOOOOOOOOOOSER![sm=lol.gif]

SEE ALL YOU SANDBAGGERS THIS WEEKEND

On a side note: FYI for ya, Horizon has finally got those E-flite 85 degree electric retracts in stock for the 60-120 size warbirds. I ordered them last night. Maybe I might have them by this week.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
speedracerntrixie

My hat is off to you guys and anyone else lending a hand to get her up and flying. Last race Bianca was very kind to my son and neice, even carrying my neice around during the raffle and generally entertaining her. I'm quite sure the DeSilvas are proud of the young lady they have raised. Just make sure nobody gives her a silver class airplane. :-)

For the rest of you guys.....................IT'SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Todd, glad to hear you will be racing. I really didn't think you would miss it for a family reunion. It doesn't matter what class you race, just show up and get your butt whooped like a man.

Jake, Featherfoot is a compliment. Sounds to me that you are trying to say I was born to fly. You should set your sights a little higher then just being on the podium though. You can my house from the top podium spot and it looks good!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM
JPGale

Thanks Jimmy,

See you all soon.

Jake I think he prefers Litefoot, which I got Joe to call him at the last race

Bulldog
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

James, wasn't that the race where you raced a plane with two motors and still couldn't go fast enough to win a plaque?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:51 AM
MONGO44

That is funny.....

Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
JPGale

No that was the race where I could not go slow enough to not breakout in Silver, hence why I am going to be gold this time.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 PM
speedracerntrixie

Im wondering where this fast two engined airplane is now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.