RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scale Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-racing-183/)
-   -   8th Annual Trashman Classic Warbird Race in Conjunction with YS Engines & SAM Warbird Race Results (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-racing-183/11571858-8th-annual-trashman-classic-warbird-race-conjunction-ys-engines-sam-warbird-race-results.html)

Jimmy Skids 08-21-2013 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie (Post 11597035)
The fix for that would be a shower...............

Come on now Speed, we all know that after shave is mainly alcohol. I would bet some good fuel with the proper oil package would also cut down on razor burn as well. Let me know how it works out for you.
Jimmy Skids

PLANEBENDER 08-21-2013 10:50 PM

Saturday Night Demo/Race plane test flying.....Should be fun

Planebender

MFLOOD3800 08-24-2013 07:35 AM

Joe Donkey, can you call me please. I have a question for you.
76 0 2 20 6 4 09
Thx

tnconsulting 08-27-2013 09:02 PM

Are there still spots open for the bronze class? What is a good plane and engine combo to race in bronze?

Trashman88 08-27-2013 09:28 PM

Yes they are. Speed answered your question on the other posting you put on rcu. He is correct. Hope you can make it for the Trashman classic.

Trashman88 08-27-2013 10:27 PM

I have updated the SAM's Yearly Warbird Racing Points. I screwed up and gave Dave Sullivans points to Jim Finch. Sorry about the mistake!!! You can download it at http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/...standings.html .

Pre-entries have been coming in for the Trashman Classic Race. I am accepting the first 50 pre-registrations so get registered as soon as possible. You can either Mail it, give it to me directly or do it online at http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/entryforms.html . Don't miss out on this race as this is going to be a Great and Fun Race to attend!!!! Lots and Lots of prizes!!!!

YS Engines and AMain Hobbies are my main big sponsors. Thanks!!!!

If you have any questions; you can call me at (916) 705-7778.

Again, I am sorry for making the mistake on Dave Sullivan's points!!!

PLANEBENDER 08-28-2013 08:27 AM

Thanks JR. Although we are trying to make this race we still have a long way to go. And even with my NEW points standing I think we would have a better chance playing "Pick up sticks" with our butt cheeks then to catch Jimmy's 50 points. However if we get a plane done
(Our 4th for the season) we will be there.

Dave

MFLOOD3800 08-28-2013 01:12 PM

Just wonder JR if there is a way to confirm that our entries have made their way to you?
I should be good to go.
Id hate to show up and hear, sorry were full and your slow stuff isnt needed !!
:)

Trashman88 08-29-2013 10:34 PM

I am going through all the entry forms tonight and will send confirmation emails to everyone. If you do not receive an confirmation email by tomorrow night, please call me at (916) 705-7778. From now on, anyone that registers will get a email confirmation within 24 hours of registration.

Trashman88 08-29-2013 10:35 PM

Dave, you better make it. :)

Iron Dog 08-29-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by PLANEBENDER (Post 11602354)
Thanks JR. Although we are trying to make this race we still have a long way to go. And even with my NEW points standing I think we would have a better chance playing "Pick up sticks" with our butt cheeks then to catch Jimmy's 50 points. However if we get a plane done
(Our 4th for the season) we will be there.

Dave

A-w-w-w man, I can't get that visual of you and Keith together, out of my head! Gee, thanks, Dave! (And now no green "smiley" about to throw-up, available to insert "here", since this site's recent upgrade.)

Hope to see you both there. (. . . "R-a-c-i-n-g", I mean. NOT those cheeks!) :D

Trashman88 08-29-2013 11:41 PM

All confirmations for pre registered pilots have been emailed to each individual. If you have not received a confirmation, Please contact me ASAP.

Remember to get pre registered right away, don't delay and miss out on this race!!!

PLANEBENDER 08-30-2013 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Trashman88 (Post 11603832)
Dave, you better make it. :)

Looking better. Going to SAM today for test flight of loaner Back-Up plane. Start covering the P-47 tonight. Only thing left to do after trim flight is to learn to fly the course....( AT 400' HIGH).

Jimmy Skids 08-30-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by PLANEBENDER (Post 11603994)
Looking better. Going to SAM today for test flight of loaner Back-Up plane. Start covering the P-47 tonight. Only thing left to do after trim flight is to learn to fly the course....( AT 400' HIGH).

Ummmm I have that airspace reserved already. Can you move down to 375?
Skids

PLANEBENDER 08-31-2013 03:10 PM

Let's make it 350' just to be safe.

Planebender

PLANEBENDER 09-01-2013 04:52 PM

Just Pre-Entered. I got a feeling that 60 number is going to come up quick. I heard JR has received over 35 so far.

Planebender

speedracerntrixie 09-04-2013 05:53 PM

I plan on being at Sam's Sunday afternoon for a little warm up. Any of you regulars going to be there?

Iron Dog 09-04-2013 10:03 PM

I wish I could stop by and see you, Speed; but, it's my moving day. (I'm so close to the SAM field, now!)

I've been so busy selling my current house, buying the new one, and now cleaning, packing, and moving, that I'm not sure if I'll even be ready come race day. Frustrating 'cause I really want to be a part of this one! I've had a P-47 nearly ready to maiden for almost a month. Just too much to do between work and the move to finish it! With my luck, I'll manage to finish it somehow, and the registrations will be maxxed-out! :confused:

Will definitely see you and Trixie come race weekend. If Ali's racing, let her know I'd still love to be of assistance.

Trashman88 09-08-2013 10:52 AM

Pre-Registrations are still coming in. If you or if you know others that have not pre-registered, go online and get pre-registered ASAP.

You do not want to miss this race!!!!! Hope to see you all there!!!

http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/entryforms.html

Trashman88 09-08-2013 11:19 AM

If you have pre-registered online or mailed me the form, you should have received a confirmation email by now. If you have not received a confirmation email per class you entered in, please let me know so I can look it up to make sure I received it.

1beege 09-09-2013 08:31 AM

Reno qualifying starts today. Any friendly wagers? I will take Voodoo if anyone interested.

MFLOOD3800 09-11-2013 05:17 PM

I have a Stiletto built by Jim Kelso with a Vernon wing for sale I can bring to this race if anyone is interested. I raced it for 2-3 events only, and it is nealry in perfect condition still. Wing tip scrape is all I see. This is structurally sound as they come. It is RTF. It is ready to race for this race. I can leave in or take out RX- your choice, it is a Spektrum brand or JR. Hi-Tech race servos, same as in Q40's, YS115 with hyde mount/nose ring. Engine has had counter balances installed and some minor mods. Retracts are Hobbico metal mechanical with RC car tires. This plane has already broken out of Gold and can turn low 20's to mid 20's. Engine has one start up on it since back from YS. Everything is like new. If you want me to bring it I will but only if serious about buying it. email me at [email protected] and we can negotiate price. Reason for me selling is simple - This is my 3rd warbird and and I dont need all 3 so this one goes.

MFLOOD3800 09-12-2013 09:06 AM

I might add Richard was turning in the teens with this same generation of planes.

airraptor 09-12-2013 04:48 PM

Will there be fuel at the race to be bought. Rc Country only has 45/18. I am thinking I should order some now or will I be able to fins some next weekend?

Trashman88 09-14-2013 11:30 AM

Update on the Trashman Classic Warbird Race....................

If you have not pre-register or if you know of someone that has not, you might want to get pre-registered ASAP.

Pre-Registration standings:
Bronze is full
Silver and Gold have a total 8 spots left.

If you are wanting to race Bronze, you can send me a pre-registration form from http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/entryforms.html and I will put you on a waiting list. If someone does not show up or lets me know to pull them out then I would call you and let you know that you are in. When and/or if Silver and Gold fill up, I will follow the same procedure.

Remember:
You must be checked in by and lo later then 8:15 am on Saturday. If you are not physically there and have your AMA card (or proof) by that time, you will not be racing. Sorry to be so strict on that but with the amount of entries, we need to start right on time.

I am changing the start time of the race, we will be starting the race at 8:30 am instead of 9:00 am on both Saturday and Sunday. So this means, if you are racing Bronze Class, please make sure your planes are ready to fly by 8:30 am.

This is going to be a FUN and GREAT 2 day Race!!!!! I am looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Please pass the word out to your fellow pilots and friends.

One last thing, Bring your meat and side dish(s) on Saturday night to the flying field. We are going to have a big get together and BBQ Saturday night. We start to BBQ by 5:30 to 6:00 pm. Hope you all can make it!!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to call me (JR) at (916) 705-7778.

I will keep this updated on if or when the pre-registrations are full........

Thanks,
JR Schiager