Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Aerodyne 500 size Apache

you are the MASTER, I'm not worthy lol. I did not have that issue with my servos, it was very tight but not like that. I wonder what the defference is? Great job on your fix!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do not mean to question you but the mini servos I used are small enough that I had to use the supplied spacers to take up the gap. You have been doing this a lot longer than I have but if you had to enlarge the hole for the servos that sounds like a standard size servo to me. i say this because I was going to try and use a standard size servo and it ended up looking just like yours. Obviously i am no expert, just thought I would check with you. This info about the mini servos might come in handy on the next project I do. if the creek don't rise and my wife let's me. lol

i did look back on the post and you are using the same servos as me, I am at a loss, sorry!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know what the deal with the servo is. I had to open up the width of the opening of the frame sides ever so slightly. The servos measure almost 7/8 in from the face of the eyelets to the bottom of the servo. Looks like I will have to make spacers at least 1/16 in thick, or stack some washers to go between the frame & servos.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You know I also had to open the sides just a slight bit, sorry for not mentioning this, with all that I have done I forgot. Here are some pic's of my servos. I did flip the brass button for the servos to back side to act like a support so you do not over tighten the bolt. I don't know if this helps or makes a difference but I saw it in an instructional video once and it made sence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66404.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	1706981   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr54444.jpg 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	1706982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92058.jpg 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	1706983   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg15438.jpg 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	1706984   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl28476.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1706985  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av69534.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	1706986  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One washer between the servo & frame gave me the clearance I needed. I really should get some longer screws though. Wayne, I've got the eyelets installed the same way as you in the servos. That is the correct way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good to hear, I am slow but sometimes i do get it right. lol

I did some testing today, it was kind of windy but flew good. I need to adjust pitch and speed a tad but not bad. I did have to re-glue a missel pod and engine housing, made a dum mistake I forgot to clean the area before epoxing it, so it do not hold.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne,

how are the wings that support the missle pods, are they holding up well and not sagging down. I have heard of issues with that also after a few landings they start to sag with the weight of the missles and pods.

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The wings seem to be holding up so far. When I installed them I also installed long small screws from the inside to help support will drying. i don't know if this helps but it cant hurt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne

Im doing the samething with the winglets, i talked with cliff awhile back on it and he said he would have put some wood in there. I am going to do that from the inside and use small screws i will have pics up in the morning on it. I also am using align DS510 servos and they are a perfect fit. I will post up pics again in the morning.

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Still not quite satisfied with the landing gear. I don't like the looks of all the camber. So, the plan is to weld up the tapped holes for the axle, or use J-B Weld to fill them, then drill & re-tap at an angle. I'm kind of leaning toward using J-B Weld. My only concern with it is the re-drilling & tapping at an angle. If I go the weld route, I've got to wait until I go back to work.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike,

I did notice on the wings that some of the movement is the fuse itself. My wings stayed were i glued them but they do flex with the fuse, maybe adding some wood to the inside would support it more!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Joe,

With as mutch effort that you have put into these landing gear, I would weld them instead of J-B weld.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe/Wayne

Have you pulled your landing gear apart and looked at the springs, if so did you have two different springs in yours. I thinking mine was built on a friday or before lunch LOL.
    I will post some pics later on got alot done.

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike,

I had mine apart so that I could modify them. Both springs were the same.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not yet but now that you said it, I will check mine. I was thinking of puting a stiffer spring in it if i can find one to fit to help with harder than normal landings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well here you go this is my gear with the different springs. I can only figure they ran out of the normal spring and maybe put a 450 size spring in there. Here are the picsthe 600 size fuse is really going to have to win me over in order to purchase another fuse from them. I got it you get what you pay for, but this has been a nightmare for assembly.The whole reason to open it up was i was trying to get the landing gear to squat when the weight of the mechanics was in it. I was opening some of the fuse around the landing gear cause i thought it was binding, as it would be leaning to one side more. well opened the gear up and there was the two different springs. I think now im going to try and find another spring to match the bigger one, if not i will run the set screws in to keep the gear from moving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cz80083.jpg 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	1708345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh18863.jpg 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	1708346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ot47559.jpg 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	1708347  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would contact Cliff and see if he will replace them. It's worth a try!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe,

I sent cliff an e-mail and mentioned this thread for him to reference pics, for my landing gear. They have done me good so far so imagine they will correct this as well

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, I emailed them a while back about the issue with the gear not fitting the one way brg flange and also the landing gear issues. I never got a response back from them. Hope they do better for you.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike/Joe, I was just checking to see how far along you are. I am still flight testing mine after the minor repairs, had a vibration at about 1/4 to 1/3 throttel, ended up one of my blades was to tight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wayne

does your blades fit tight in the grips naturally. I know mine does i flew nitro birds and did not remember the blades being that tight but could just be me.
    I have mounted the winglets and reinforced with wood. I have also trimmed the top of the fuse so my antirotation bracket will not rub against the back of the fuse. I trimed it back far enough to slide the mechs back to mount the elevated tailrotor. I have to say mine fits nice and looks good, so im pretty much finished with mine as far as building up. I need to get a new screw and nut for my main gear to go through the one way bearingas the other one has damaged threads because of me. I will pull the mechanics back out and fly it this upcoming weekend to see how well the fhh flies. I need to get some wire exstensions for my lights as with how tight the mechs are in the fuse i need to put the light controller forward. I still did not hear anything from rcs yet on the gear so will give it a couple of more days.

mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne, I got my mtr & servos mounted and that's as far as I got. Still debating on if I should modify the landing gear to get rid of the excessive camber.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike,

My blades fit tight out of the box, I sanded them down before I ballanced them in the begining but it was not enough, now it's fine. I am not sure what the difference is but for some reason I seem to have to run the blades a little looser on the electric then on my nitro heli's. I don't have them sloppy but loose enough that when i turn the heli sideways and shake it they will move a little.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe,

I understand about the landing gear but I kind of gave up on them, I spent a lot of time doing different options, even grinding the mounting head at an angle so it would allow it to twist straight and that is where I gave up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Joe/Wayne

I got a response from cliff today and my replacement parts have shipped. I was listening to a pod cast rc heli nation. Im not for sure if you all listen to it but cliff was on episode 14 or 15 and pretty interesting how he started his business. here is the link if your interested.

mike

www.rchelination.com/

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast