Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Scale pilot figures

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Scale pilot figures

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
TBone2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale pilot figures

where would I find some nice model scaled pilots ?

Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Dirt Biter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale pilot figures

What scale are you building?

The larger the scale, the easier it is to get pilots. They can range from 1/4 scale to 1/20th scale depending on the bird you are building.

GI Joe gives you 1/6th scale with a huge range of outfits and equipment, there are also 3.75" GI Joe figures for smaller birds and then there are the 1/18th scale Elite Force figures as well. Not only these but there are off the shelf generic toy figures that can be adapted to suit.

I have been using the 1/18th scale Elite Force Figures for the cockpit of the CH53 and these are so very well articulated that I have the pilot and co-pilot slaved to the cyclic and rudder controls so that any movement of the helicopter is imitated by the crew by using a few 9g cheapo servos that I altered to give the required movements.

Then there are the commercially available pilots that are a bit more costly but who is going to quibble about a few bucks when the whole thing is a few K$$$$$$?

Elite Pilots