Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

1/18th Scale "Pilots"

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

1/18th Scale "Pilots"

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Dirt Biter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/18th Scale "Pilots"

I have searched and searched for true 1/18th scale pilot figures without much success until yesterday when I was dragged kicking and screaming to go shopping for a new baby gift for one of my wife's friends. As she was patrolling the aisles I took a wander around the store and by pure chance spotted these guys.
They are out of a 3 Man Recon team from a collection called "The Corps" by Lanard Toys Inc. A look on their website does not show the product well but I believe they have a flying team as well.The two guys on the left will have the pleasure of 'piloting' my CH53E after a bit more judicious use of snips and a hot Exacto blade followed by some paintwork. I have already removed the knife sheaths and other non-essential parts, a handy *****hole means fixing will be a breeze and surprisingly, they have 15 points of articulation to make then very posable.
I am going to work over the articulation points so that I can have the arms, legs and head slaved to the controls with micro servos under the flight deck in the cabin.
The other guys to their left would, with a bit of work, make reasonable pilots for a few other helis but being quite happy at my find I am offering them as a pair of one of each type, to the first two PMs I receive with name and postal details and I will mail them out to whoever, wherever F.O.C.

So, what are you waiting for?

PS these retail here in Ireland for about $10 a set so a cheap and cheerful solution for my aircrew!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50379.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1728544