Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Walkera Hughes 500d scale heli (coming soon)

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Walkera Hughes 500d scale heli (coming soon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 AM
mysteryrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera Hughes 500d scale heli (coming soon)

Started the tear down. Need to fabricate some parts for the build. Have the helicopter mock up in fuselage. More to come.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:21 PM
mysteryrc

Parts fabricated. Still working out some of the bugs. Kill one bug, out comes another. May have some questions later for some of the experts here. I am trying to keep this a clean build, and do the best possible with what I have.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 PM
mysteryrc

Having some trouble achieving full pitch due flybar paddles. I need to shim up another 1/2" to get the flybar above fuselage to prevent contact. This will put my boomtube into the top of the tail boom, so I may go 1/2" in front, and 3/8" in the rear. I am also going to have to swap the servos 180*, and lengthen tie rods to head to get the clearance I need. Any one see any issues with this. How much minimum clearance should I have with flybar paddles and top of fuelage? Right now at full pitch, I just barely hit top of fuselage with paddles.