Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Horizontal stab for Century .60 Airwolf?

Hi all! I have a Centruy .60 size Airwolf fusalage that's missing the horizontal stabalizer... does anybody know where I can acquire a replacement part? I've searched the Centruy Heli website to no avail. Thanks!

- Michael

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Horizontal stab for Century .60 Airwolf?

What size is the Century compaired to Vario's kit? I have a fin set for a Vario's medium sized wolf that are fiberglass, minus the verticle winglets. If the size is comparable I'll sell you the fin set.
    East Coast Vario Field Rep.
    \"Size it up, then scale it down\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Chris but it wouldn't work.... this Airwolf model is more like gun-metal grey, not black like the Vario model.

While searching thru the forums for Airwolf topics I came across a message thread discussing the actual color of the prototype TV series Airwolf helicopter... some believe it's a satin black, others swear it's a shade darker than gunmetal grey. I admit from having seen the series in the 80's that depending on the shot it could appear either way or somewhere in between.... I have a poster still of Michael Jan Vincent standing in front of the Airwolf and it appears closer to gunmetal grey than black in that shot at least.

The Century fusalage I have is a dark gunmetal grey however and I need the stab to match that. I haven't ruled out trying to fabricate one from scratch if it comes down to it.... but I'd much rather just get a replacement one!

Thanks!

- Michael

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem.

There have been arguments down through the years on the actual color of the Air Wolf helicopter.

I had a buddy that lived near the hangar where the actual 222 was during the filming of the series and he provided me with a number of pictures of it. After doing some research and talking to others a number felt the actual color were 84 Honda charcoal and 85 Ford F150 white. On mine I used the charcoal that a paint shop mixed for me and went with a little more brilliant of a white.
    East Coast Vario Field Rep.
    \"Size it up, then scale it down\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the information Chris!

After doing alot of reading on this and other forums it appears that the consensus is that the Airwolf was indeed a significantly darker shade than what this Century fuse is painted in. Since mine has some cracks around the cockpit area that have to be repaired anyways, I figure I'll just re-shoot the entire heli with that Honda Charcol color, rather than trying to match the grey Century used. I think masking off the white underbelly and re-shooting only the grey areas will suffice to make a big improvement on the looks and cover up the crack repairs!

I've also been told that I can order that horizontal stab directly from Century if I call them, that it's not sold on their online website, and that it only comes unpainted (so that it can be used on either their Bell 222 or Airwolf fuse's). I'm going to have to call them to find out what the price is though..... [&o]

Do you have any photos of your Airwolf online btw? [8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just get some balsa wood and make your own.I broke my vertical fins on bell 222,got some balsa wood made my own and saved at least $50 in the process

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Interesting idea, Dessoman. I've scratch built several R/C planes from light ply and balsa so no problems here working with wood.... however, do you know how much the replacement fiberglass horizontal fin is from Century? I haven't checked yet.... if more than $50 I'd probably go ahead and scratch it with balsa too! LOL! But I plan on checking 1st. I'd prefer to have the factory one as I don't have a horzontal fin at all for this heli so nothing to compare against. Grrrrrr!

Regards!

- Michael

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for a 30 sized fin set I was $55 dollars

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yikes! [X(]

They're pretty proud of their fins aren't they? LOL!

I'll call and find out how much the 60 size fin is and post that info, at least it'll be good for grins.

- Michael

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what everyone has to remember that us living in the UK pay more for everything.A fin set for bell 222 in USA is I think $30 IN uk $55