Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Scale NOTAR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:34 PM
rjm1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale NOTAR?

Anyone ever tried to make a NOTAR in RC?

http://www.kulikovair.com/Notar.htm

Looks interesting, could be done easily i would think with a turbine using the exhaust, but for nitro birds i could see it being done with an EDF (just have to carry a lipo on board for it) ...

Would take some work, but would definatly steal the show at any feild...
Old 01-16-2006, 09:38 PM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: Scale NOTAR?

it has already been done thee is a police helicopter floating around the web that is rc with the NOTAR system
Old 01-16-2006, 09:41 PM
johndale

The real NOTAR is not that great and it is VERY noisy inside the aircraft. I have worked on them and they are a pain in the backside[:'(]
Old 01-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Christopher J

rjm1982,

Check out www.eastcoastvario.com Vario makes both the MD 500 and 900 NOTAR helis.

The mechs have a large fan that is used partialy for cooling but also takes the air in generates and moves it down a tunnel in the fuse the tail boom. The end cone is articulated by a servo to direct the airflow for yaw control.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:09 AM
rjm1982

I think it could be even simpler than that...

You dont really need to move the tail. It would work like a micro-heli with an electric tail motor, full on to turn right, full off for left, and somwhere in between for tracking straight. Wouldnt be as manuverable as the big birds are with variable pitch tail rotors...but could be done...

I actually started frawing up planes last night to modify my blade cp for it, people are already using EDFs at the tail...so i know it can handle the power requirements...just duct it down to the tail end...and put the vents on the right side....