Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Airwolf Century 50. Is there an Electric Heli Avaliable that....

Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Airwolf Century 50. Is there an Electric Heli Avaliable that....

Old 11-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airwolf Century 50. Is there an Electric Heli Avaliable that....

I ended up spending hours trying to research which would be the best Heli to install in my new Century .50 Size Airwolf Fuselage and I am getting a bit stumped. I would like to avoid the Nitro serious helicopters as I find the smoke that pours out the bottom to really take away from the realism.

Can someone who is a bit more knowledgable recommend the best choice for this .50 Scale Fuse, and is there an Electric Helicopter buyable that would work well and install in the body? I am not looking for Rocket Performance as I intend no crazy special moves. I just want to fly the most realistic Airwolf I can generate without smoke pouring out the bottom.

I did do a search on these forums without much success so I hope this isn't too much of a newbie question.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:13 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Airwolf Century 50. Is there an Electric Heli Avaliable that....

The Miniature Aircraft Razor when it comes out or the TRex 600 I would think either would work as they both are considered 50 size equivelents.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Pepperpete

Can anyone confirm that these would work without having to completely change the fuse? I don't mind a bit of effort but if I have to redo everthing, I'll pass.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 PM
slider46

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think on helifreak or Runryder there is a post from rcflyer that has 2 jetrangers and a hughes 500E on the trex 600. I think he said he was using the 50 size fuselage. I will see if I can find you the link.....
Old 11-30-2006, 07:01 PM
slider46

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link for you to enjoy ...... http://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=24752
Old 12-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Pepperpete

Thanks very much for the link! It looks like it's possible to convert the 600 which would certainly work. I have been looking into the E-raptors but I think the cost difference will be a big influence towards what I go with. The raptor has so much documentation on exactly what to do that it makes it a tough choice.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:32 AM
RevGadget

Another alternative would be to use the Century mechanics, an elec conversion and A123 cells. I have looked into this and have plans to convert my son's 30 Airwolf. Some of the set-ups I have looked into are designed for AP work, others have them in scale. If you are seriously concsidering the Raptor, you can get everything you need for the conversion at tppacks.com.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Pepperpete

Thanks Rev, I noticed they had a conversion kit for the Raptor. That is starting to look like the ticket as the conversion is not overly complicated.