Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

newbie..titan question

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

newbie..titan question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Jamming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default newbie..titan question

Hello..I have many helicopters 4 to be exact...My question is what is the best scale body already pre-painted for my titan .50 w/hyper motor i have read some forums on this subject but have yet to really find a good advice answer....The thing is i am not very good at painting but i have excellent building skills and would like to purchase a very high quality pre-painted body for my decked out titan with all metal kasami upgrades and some mavrikk stuff...I have flown some 3-D but pre-fer the scale challenge..I have looked at the TT MD530 but i am not sure now about the quality mostly because of the cost differnce i have seen from century and heliproz TT MD530 body..Is the FUNKEY body that much better than the TT or are they the same quality...I have purchased a TT fiberglass canopy for my trex450 v2 and found it to be very thin and cracks real easy...Is the MD530 from TT the same way or is it better...Please help with my decision......Thanks heli friends....
Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
RodanAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbie..titan question

I have the TT MD530 on a R50V2, and I am very happy with it. The fiberglass is thin, but you will find that most RC heli fuselages will be. The factory paint, unfortunately, sucks... It cracks easily and does not adhere very well. The good news is that it can be made to look very nice, but you may have to expand your skills to include painting. If you can build, you can paint, it's not that difficult. It does require a reasonable amount of space in which to paint, and some equipment to do it right. You'll need to use automotive paint, or something that will withstand the nitro (most hobby paints won't). It is a lot of effort, but worth it in the end.

I have no personal experience with the Century pre-painted fuselages, but have heard very good things, and they look good in the photos I have seen.

You can see some pics of my bird here if you search around a bit in this forum, or here: [link]http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8325[/link]
Old 10-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Jamming

Thanks...Its not that i cant paint, Its just very difficult to have the same results as the pre-painted bodys from funkey..Its good to know that the TT has poor paint quality...Because i dont want to re-paint unless i have to...So if anyone has had a funkey body from century your comments would be great....thanks in advance.[8D]
Old 11-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Jamming

Hey, Its been awhile since my last post, busy making a decision on what heli (scale) body to buy, I went with the Agusta 109A coast guard heli from century Made by Funkey if you didnt know..Just a few tips if anyone buys this body..I found that the kit has a non retract set-up and is on sale for 10% off on there web site and they have several in stock..Also the web site says they don't include wheels, thats not true the kit is complete and also will fly with 600mm blades...Not like the web site says 550s to 570s..Also in a week or so from today they are going to have the newer kits in and they are the same except for the new kit has retracts and you must but them seperate $49.95... this took some time to figure out so i thought i would share this info...And if you purchase the .50 kit you must us a v-1 or v-2 boom and belt the raptor titan boom is 1 1/4 inch longer and will not work...The mirror finish on the coast guard 109A is amazing the complete accurate decals are installed and then clear coated over it...I have owned cars with a worse finish than this 109A...I am going to us a Hyper .50 OS , dx-7,G-4 carbons and a mavirikk full metal head...If anyone would like to see it i will post pics...I should be done with building or i should say installing in a month or so...Still waiting for lighting and a few odds and ends...Take Care !
Old 12-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Big feet

If anyone would like to see it i will post pics...
Post, post.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Jamming

here's a updated picture of my completed 109 funkey scale with raptor titan mechanics...Really nice kit about a week to complete...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92217.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	832723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74890.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	832724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10114.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	832725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74740.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	832726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al72066.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	832727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Of59928.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	832728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw44192.jpg
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	832729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yx79731.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	832730  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lk84183.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	832731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cp73078.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	832732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye30556.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	832733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs76974.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	832734  
Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Druss

just wondering if it came with that spotlight/searchlight and if not what did you use and where did you get it?

Thanks,