Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

ScaleoHeli Hughes500D Glass Fiber Scale Fuselage

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

ScaleoHeli Hughes500D Glass Fiber Scale Fuselage

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
mdflys4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ScaleoHeli Hughes500D Glass Fiber Scale Fuselage

Hi, I would like to know if anyone out there is flying this scale fuselage on their T-Rex 450. If so, I'd like to know a little about the kit and how it went together and how it flies. Also, if anyone has any video of the bird in the air I'd love to see it. Thanks for any help. Mike

PS here is the link to it if anyone wants to see the kit http://rc-expert.com/accessory.php?p...soh-hughes500d
Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 PM
quattro1975

Default RE: ScaleoHeli Hughes500D Glass Fiber Scale Fuselage

hey man...i just bought one. I havent gotten it yet. however, the one I got is from HeliArtist. this is what i've heard...HeliArtist = Align Fuse. the same company makes both brands. this Scaloheli looks exactly like the heliartist one i purchased. identical as far as i can tell. i will tell you that i've only found good reviews of it throughout the web. do a yahoo search on heliartist. most are claiming very high quality workmanship with a few negatives, depending on your exact setup. some trex setups may require a bit of modding. i found this [link=http://bigfilsing.dyndns.org/TREX%20H500-d%20build/trex%20build.html]link[/link] which scared the crap out of me...especially since I found it AFTER i purchased the fuse. i dont even have the heli yet...its all in the mail...i'm twitching with excitement. i think i can handle it...
if you are any good with building models...this should be a no-brainer. I have no experience building models, nor do i know anyone local, but it doesn't look too bad. i think its worth it...check this out...[link=http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXq6IyobzVI]md500-heliartist[/link].
i dont find these stock helis very attractive and i'm not into 3d. i prefer the scale thing. there are a few other fuselages out there, but i dont know about the quality. these seem to be the best, but you pay for it...in $$$ and time. whats a hobby without some bs.
...feel free to pm me and give me your email...i dont knwo when i'm going to get started on it yet. i have to feel the stock bird out for a bit first. where do you live?
quattro - i bought it here btw>[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280173263207&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018]ebay[/link]

ps. i'm an idiot...i just realized how old this post is...oh well..its good info for someone.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
evo5

Its a beautiful fuselage, I am thinking of one ...will it fit esky belt cp?
Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
RCHristopher

I have a thread running on RynRyder and Helifreak regarding mounting a T-Rex 450 SE nV2 in the Align MD500E. There are numerous post's an comments that may be of help to you. Check it out.

Cheers

Bob C.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
quattro1975

Very nice, Chris. Clean looking. Is that the Align fuse? I couldn't find one anywhere so I ended up with the heliartist. I would be very curious to see them side by side. with a price difference of at least $50, there is bound to be something different. anyway, i'm gonna check those threads...can u pop a link if you dont mind...i'm gonna look, but they're big forums.

evo...i have no idea about the esky belt cp.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 PM
RCHristopher

From what I have seen it appears the Align and HeliArtist could come from the supplier/mold. Kit contents are identical, just a paint scheme difference.

Here is a link to each of the threads ... There are some similarities, but a variety of information is supplied by respondent's.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=54979

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t396455p1/

Cheers

Bob C.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 AM
CT4

Thought I would show my bird off. Wanted something different. I found this military camo on a Columbian 500. All I have to do now is work out how to make the weapons. As for flying as long as you put 3 degrees forward tilt on the main shaft and get everything as far up front as possible she flies great. Oh also make sure that you have 1-2 degrees of down pitch on the horizontal stabiliser or it will pitch up as you transit to forward flight I found that by placing the ESC under the moter (outrunner) it keeps very cool!