Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Electric scales are not

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Electric scales are not

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Dave_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric scales are not

What I thought it was all cracked up to be. Yea sure the Trex 450 looks really good inside the Hughes 500E body kit, flys great but... it's almost as bad as military planes I've worked on. For every couple 2 or 3 flight you get out of it, your taking the thing apart to get at the heli for maintenance and inspection.

I've had to many belt issues not to be keeping an eye on it. This body and it's plastic parts cannot take the landings I give my other Trex 450 with Gorilla Gear installed, know what I mean?

Hind sight what it always is, I probably would not have spent the money and bought a plane instead.

Dave
Old 03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
RodanAZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric scales are not

My TRex 450s are pretty rock solid. No more maintenance issues than any other helis, and certainly not necessary every 2 or 3 flights...?? Only time I've had issues with belts loosening up is when the plastic nuts in the tail boom block were worn out after a year of regular flying. Replaced them and no problems since. WRT hard landings, you're certainly not going to be able to treat it like a pod/boom, if you thought you would, I'm not surprised you're disappointed.