Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Ikarus ECO 8 fuselage

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Ikarus ECO 8 fuselage

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:03 PM
skippy7399

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ikarus ECO 8 fuselage

Just curious if any one out there know's what fuselages fit the Ikarus ECO8 heli? AM NOT INTERESTED IN ANY THING DARTHHELIBODY!!! I have seen some guy building scale helis with unpainted fiberglass fuselages and if any one know which ones will fit that would be great. Thanks alot. S
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
XE521

Default RE: Ikarus ECO 8 fuselage

Hi,

must it be fiberglass or can it be some other material?

Regards. Karl.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:16 PM
skippy7399

Would prefer fiberglass. I have an Esky with a fiberglass fuselage, it's study and, mounted with little problem. Also the reason I said no Darth bodies as they are styrene or plastic, very flimsy and don't mount as nice. Ideas? S
Old 01-16-2009, 07:03 PM
XE521

Hi Skippy,

most of my data for the ECO8 is located on my other machine which, at the moment, is not operational. []

The ECO8 is almost dead today with very little support, including from Ikarus (none of the 3 fuses they had are being offered anymore).It is out-classe and out-priced by the compeditors. Most of the GF fuses that were available, Bell 222, Jet Ranger, MBB Bo109 etc, are no longer being produced.

For a GF fuse, the only one I know of at the moment (a Hind) was available from a UK based guy. Look for heli bee in the RCGroups site he had, at the time, some fuses available.

High-Torgue (www.high-torgue.com) have a Hughes 500D fuse in 1mm PET. I think they have flipped the photo as the tail rotor is on the left-hand side. [sm=confused.gif]I also think this is a direct copy of the GF fuse that I have (no longer in production), it has the same flat topped tail boom.

There are a few more available, material unknown, just give a little time to do a bit of research and I'll let you know.

Regards. Karl.

P.S. Have a look at Item 200298107907 in eBay.de. If you need help just let me know..
Old 01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
skippy7399

Thanks for the great information and the link for the MD500 fuselage on Ebay. I think that would be great however doubt the seller is willing to ship outside the country. I know there is a US based Youtube member flying a ECO with a GF MD500 that he painted himself, yet dispite my efforts he has yet to return my inquries about where he purchased it. Thank you again. Shawn
Old 01-24-2009, 10:52 AM
XE521

Hi Shawn,

Lindinger Modellbau (Austria) have an original Ikarus Bell 222 fuse for €159.00 (their order no. # 75338), shipping to the US €20.00 or €40.00 express. I asked them what type of material was used but they didn't answer this question.

Their web page is [link]http://shop.lindinger.at/product_info.php?products_id=75338&language=en[/link], or you can contact them at office @ lindinger.at (spaces added both sides of the @ symbol), you can use Engish.

Regards.

Karl.

P.S. You didn't mention which kite ticklels your fancy the most.