Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Scale RC Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Fandamntastic Heli Painter

Community
Search
Notices
Scale RC Helicopters Discuss scale helis, and modifications to pod and boom helis that make them scale.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Hoverup
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fandamntastic Heli Painter

I had the pleasure to act as a facilitator in getting Cliff from RCAerodyne.com and Steve for www.blizzarddesigns.com together hoping to create a team that be at the ready to do high quality custom paint work for both scale and non-scale heli fuselages. A number of the RCAerodyne fuselages are available in a white gel coat or unpainted state. Steve is a professional painter and has many of the sharpest 1:1 scale heli livery's in his portfolio. As an example, he painted the original G-JIVE 500E before it was shipped overseas. The now well known "torn metal" paint scheme is very demanding on the full size subject and even harder to execute correctly on an RC model.

I was the volunteer customer who test drove the system to make certain it would work and I am absolutely blown away by the quality of the paint Steve has done on my 600 size G-JIVE replica. Photos do not do justice to the kick butt impact of seeing this heli in the flesh. It is truly amazing. The paint looks so deep, you feel that you could sink your arm all the way to the elbow and still have wiggle room for your fingers.

The proposed business model is fairly straight forward. If you are interested in acquiring a high end finish on your favorite RC heli or aircraft project, here's the path at present.

1. Select the model you want from of the RCAerodyne.com online store. Do your research online for pics of the 1:1 scale craft showing the colors and the scheme you want as completely as possible.

2. Contact Steve at www.blizzarddesigns.com and work out price and schedule.

3. When the price for the labor, paint, and materials and the schedule for task completion are agreed to and documented, place your order with Cliff at RCAerodyne.com and ask that the unpainted model be drop shipped to Steve.

4. When the paint is complete, the finished model is shipped to the customer with the customer paying the packing and shipping fee.

As I said this is a first cut at the business model. I expect that Cliff and Steve as the primary stakeholders will finalize the way this service will be offered. Steve and Cliff can be reached through their respective websites if there are questions. If you have trouble making contact, PM me here or on the other forums I frequent.

For myself, being able to have the gent/artist who painted the full size G-Jive do the livery on a mini-me G-JIVE for my collection is absolutely awesome. Try it you'll like it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cz79981.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1415133   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx70068.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	759.5 KB
ID:	1415134   Click image for larger version

Name:	yw69210.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	778.1 KB