Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Looking into building a scale helicopter

Got a new job that requires me to fly helicopters pretty often. So far I've flown on a s-76, s-61, and just flew on a s-92 the other day. The 92 is definitely the coolest one I've been on so far. Anyways, to my question, What would be a good helicopter to start with as a baseline? Also, is there any website besides a forum that would have tons of info about building a scale heli?

Thanks,
    Will

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Looking into building a scale helicopter

Theres at least one forum I know thats dedicated to making scale helis.
    There's lots of choices for heli mechanics around.. To some extent it depends on the heli you are modelling and if you are using a premade fuse.
    For example all the scale heli fuses I offer are based around align 400,500,600 etc or a clone.. THough the have parts to also fit them to logo16, swift etc in many cases.

Have a look at http://www.scalerchelis.com/phpBB2/portal.php
    RCWarez Global Hobby Shop
    EDF/Turbine /Prop/Heli - Scale and Sport

RE: Looking into building a scale helicopter

Thanks, I found that site last night through google. Tons of info. I'm just not heli oriented, so I don't really know what's out there. This would be my first heli besides my piccolo.

Will