RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scale RC Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/)
-   -   XTreme Mechanics Issue?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/3518131-xtreme-mechanics-issue.html)

mkranitz 11-03-2005 02:48 PM

XTreme Mechanics Issue??

I am building the 11.2:1 Xtreme mechanics and noticed a couple of new elements in this set compared with the older one:

[ul][*]The length of the frame is shorter and the belt from the motor is shorter also. [*]The front support bars have been replaced with a solid carbon fiber plate for mounting the trottle servo (plate on both sides). This eliminates the opening that was there previously for the fuel tank. Tank now mounts behind that section.[*]The clearance between the cyclic servo mounting plate and the main gear is a nano-space. The 11:1 gear is larger than the 10 so it protrudes on each side of the frame. The clearance between that gear and the servo mounting side plates is paper thin. Nothing is loose so it appears ok, but the small distance makes me uncomfortable.
[/ul]

If anyone else is using the higher ratio Xtreme set, please weigh in here.

Michael

Christopher J 11-03-2005 04:51 PM

RE: XTreme Mechanics Issue??

I would say talk to Joe at East Coast Scale and see if any of your concerns have been problems for anyone in the past. If not then you should be good to go.

mkranitz 11-03-2005 05:02 PM

I talk to Joe daily!! I haven't detailed this latest clearance issue, but I'm going to upload some pix today and then draw his attention to it.

Thanks Chris.

mk

mkranitz 11-03-2005 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are pix of the mechanics. It's tough to see the clearance issue because it looks like the gear is rubbing on the servo mounting plate. It's not.

Christopher J 11-03-2005 07:44 PM

Looking at picture 2 it seems that you are good to go.

mkranitz 11-03-2005 08:06 PM

My conclusion as well. There won't be any sudden or violent interference with the gear and over time it would wear the servo holder a bit. My only question was whether to shave a bit off the bottom of the servo holder and I think I'll hold off on that.

MK

Vario 11-04-2005 01:04 PM

Michael
You will not have any problems with this fit. The gear is not going anywhere.
joe

mkranitz 11-04-2005 01:07 PM

Excellent. Hey, did you have any issues with the pushrods??

Vario 11-04-2005 01:18 PM

On the way to you now.
Joe

mkranitz 11-04-2005 01:23 PM

If I ever get this sucker in the air, I'll post the video so I can believe it too. :D