RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Scale RC Helicopters (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/)
-   -   Hirobo scale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/scale-rc-helicopters-398/3520487-hirobo-scale.html)

HELI-JOKER 11-04-2005 09:04 AM

Hirobo scale

anybody got any exxperience with Hirobo .30 Huey and/or .60 Cobra?

Brenhen 11-10-2005 12:40 AM

RE: Hirobo scale

i have built the 60 size super cobra from hirobo. It builds very easily into a sport scale. It takes some scratchbuilding to improve the looks a little. The only things I didn't like were the stub wings and the weapons. The wings on mine didn't attach very well and were a little weak. After I crashed mine and started rebuilding it, I ended up just attaching the wings directly to the top fuselage. The weapons are plastic and don't look very realistic. Below are some images of mine after its rebuild. If you are interested there are more pictures in my runryder gallery or post specific questions and i will try to get back to you quickly. Overall I thought the hirobo was a great kit. It flies very smoothly and looks great in the air. Good luck.
[img][/img]

HELI-JOKER 11-10-2005 08:01 AM

looks great!Did it come with the markings(decals?) and the cockpit?What engine,servos,gyro, are you using?
THanks
Joe

mkranitz 11-11-2005 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey RoyL,

I too built the Cobra and have an O.S. 61RX in it. Works great and flies well. Here are some pix below. Anyway, I bought the pre-painted one. If you do get it, just make sure you secure the gun pods well. Then, make sure EVERYTHING is in balance. Otherwise, the pods will vibrate like, well, you know what.

Other than that, it's a great ship and actually flies more like a large pod & boomer than a heavy scale ship.

Michael

HELI-JOKER 11-13-2005 06:24 PM

These are AWESOME BIRDS!What servos,receiver,gyro do you guys use?Anyone have any ezperience with Hirobo's 30 size Huey?

Brenhen 11-21-2005 10:48 PM

i use some futaba servos and the futaba gy401 gyro. the kit comes with decals and a basic cockpit, but i built a new cockpit and printed my own decals to get a little better look. for the engine i use an os 61x, which i had to find over the internet because you need a rear exhaust engine to fit the mechanics. any other questions let me know.

voicemag 11-22-2005 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

i have recently bought a hirobo bell uh1b iroquois 60 powered 1:8.4 scale model, see photo.. its in need of a lot of TLC, i was wondering if anyone has seen one of these at the 60 powered size.. ive found alot of reference to the 30 Iroquois (Heuy) but not the 60 size.. any photos would be very welcome as i am going to strip it right down and start again. also i have the first Hirobo TOW Cobra.. the body work and detail is still pretty good, but the motor and electronics are pretty ancient.. again any help with regards to suitable gyros etc would be very welcome.. Also, the Heuy has no Main Blades.. anybody know where i can get some ?? they are pretty big and a lot longer than the usual 60 size blades.. many thanks kev.

drdoom 03-01-2006 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the .30 size uey with a .50 installed. it is cool.
lots of upgrades to this because it used Basic Shuttle machinics.

Gage. 03-02-2006 10:56 PM

Wow how much time have you guys put into those?

heli143 03-08-2006 01:41 PM

Hi voicemag,
here is a link to skyline models on your side of the pond. they sell al brand helicopters and spare parts. They have a good rep and I am sure will help you out. good luck.

http://www.skylinemodels.co.uk/acatalog/Hirobo.html

Benny Boy 03-09-2007 10:09 PM

hay guys i am new to the helicopters i was woundring do the sell the hirobo bell uh1b iroquois 60 powered 1:8.4 scale models in Australia and how much if any one has any web sites please tell me thanks.

HELICOPTERFLYER 03-11-2007 01:33 PM

you can get them from heli-world. so cheap price. no joke.

Benny Boy 03-12-2007 12:22 AM

is that in australia and were is it

HELI-JOKER 03-27-2007 08:59 AM

selling new,complete,Hirobo Cobra with engine,muffler and servos.NO RECEIVER
email me for pics,description and pricing
[email protected]

P901911 04-03-2007 05:20 PM

Good afternoon all,

Looking to convert a recently acquired Hirobo Schweizer to the three blade option and electric power.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a good parts source.

Thanks, andrew

tiaan.excell 04-07-2007 01:11 PM

Hi,im from south africa and in desperate need of some head parts simular to that of your cobra,do you have any idea where i can get hold of any?

Richkid241 04-15-2007 01:29 AM

I have a compleat head with some other parts for an old cobra 50 that was made by schluter.I could try and take some pics and e-mail you.

tiaan.excell 04-17-2007 05:23 AM

Hi,thanks for the reply,i will really appreciate it if you can mail me the pics on the head.my heli is the big 1/7th scale huey made by hirobo,the kit is very old and has never flown,got it of one of our senior club members for approx $2800,but only realised later the head is damaged.regards.

BarracudaHockey 04-17-2007 01:38 PM

Please take buying/selling/trading to the marketplace or PM's.

Thanks! :)

tiaan.excell 04-17-2007 02:55 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP-YOU PEOPLE ARE SO SPOILT WITH ALL YOUR YOUR STORES WHERE YOU CAN JUST WALK IN AND GET WHAT YOU NEED.EVERYBOBY CALLS FOR THE WORLD TO UNITE,BUT OUR SMALL MODEL FLYING COMMUNITY CAN NOT EVEN STAND TOGETHER AND HELP EACH OTHER OUT.I AM SURE TO SPREAD THE WORD IN MY COUNTRY AND ITS MY ABSOLUTE PLEASURE NOT TO MAKE USE OF YOUR SERVICES IN THE FUTURE.

madmerdock 11-25-2007 05:03 PM

hi has anybody out there got any pics of a hirobo uh1b 60 size as a have just got hold of one,it's 30 years old and never been flown and i have had to take it to bits but there are some parts missing ie engine coolling cover is one thing.any help would be very greatfull.

dacostad 11-27-2007 11:32 AM

I am currently building a Hirobo Super Cobra. You can check it out and follow my progress on my website at [link=http://www.scalereplica.com]www.scalereplica.com[/link].

David