Community
Search
Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Bosscat

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Riverbluff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosscat

I have a vintage Bosscat that is about 20 years old. It was a full works kit back in the day. It has almost zero race time on it and is excellent condition. I am thinking about knocking the dust off of it and getting it running again. Been out of the electric scene for some time know. My basic questions are:

- will the buggy stand up to the new brushless systems?

- what is the vintage race scene like, if there is one

- relative value of the buggy in today's market

V/R
Bill
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: Bosscat

I can not answer your questions, but I can recommend you ask on the Schumacher site. Maybe someone there can help.
http://forum.racing-cars.com/default.asp
Old 12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Eman77

Default RE: Bosscat

A couple of years ago I had a Bosscat that I ran around first with a 19T brushed setup, then with a Mamba Max 5700 setup on 6-cell NiMh. I did not race, but ran over gravel, dirt, grass, and other fun surfaces - the transmission never had an issue. Your results will vary of course, but I'm pretty confident that running a reasonable BL setup (think 2s, nothing manical like 7000 kV) will be ok - at least, things won't explode quickly.

I did end up selling it though, as a couple of crashes resulted in broken parts, and those parts were very frustrating to find, and took forever to get to the US.

I wish you luck! It's a fantastic buggy.

FYI, that site Anthoop linked to is where I used to find a couple of solid sellers of vintage Schumacher stuff - one guy in particular sold some outstanding items.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99117.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1831970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21250.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1831971