Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Couple questions.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Groundman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions.

What head temp should i run the .21 ? Also when my tank is running low i notice the motor leans out alot and this worries me that i will burn it up, is this common and is it dangerous when the fuel tank is low that it leans out too much ? Will it bog like it does when you lean it out during adjustment ?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Groundman

Default RE: Couple questions.

Ok, four looks and no reply's. Come on these are legit newbie questions !
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Schumacher RC Superstore

We just spoke on the phone, but I will still answer here so other can read.

All cars and trucks lean out a bit when getting to the last part of the tank. You will find a happy balance of slightly rich with a full tank and as the fuel is consumed, the performance will increase. Dont start out at peak lean setting with a full tank or you will pass the safe-lean limit when the tank runs empty. Always know how much fuel you have. You never want to run out of fuel while at a high rpm pass.

We discussed adjusting the length of fuel tubing that connects the exhaust pressure to the tank. 8-10 inches is normal, but you can shorten and lengthen by a couple inches and look for the results. Longer tubing mellows out the drastic pressure changes better than a short tube. Play with the lengths until you find a happy balance.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Groundman

Rob, What about my head temp. , what should it be at and when do i check it ? After a high speed run or at idle ?
Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Schumacher RC Superstore

230-280 halfway through the tank is perfect. Try doing a search on engine temps. There is too much info for just one discussion.