Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Schumacher Racing
Reload this Page >

Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Presence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

Hi there

There's been much debate as to what HIGH SPEED car someone should get. Take out factors like price, upgrades, etc. If I'm going to buy one of these so claimed 70mph cars, what should I be getting or looking at. Personally I like Mugen, but I don't think those are that quick out of the box (which is fine by me). But then you have CEN and Schumacher who both claim the worlds fastest RC car. I don't buy any of that. But can the experts please list what they would recommend if I'm looking at getting something quick out of the box. I did a comparison, and noticed the CEN cars (not sure of the model) handles much better. At that top speed, I would hope these cars handle and perform well, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Thanks a lot!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Schumacher RC Superstore

Default RE: Schumacher or CEN or Mugen?!?!?!

There is plenty of mis-information and strong opinion.

The Mugen is a Race Spec car. Not to be compared with RTR vehicles. You will need to invest $1000 to complete a race ready Mugen the way it deserves to be set-up. Only the RTR cars you mentioned will get you even close to those speeds for under $500 ready to go. The Mugen, Serpent and other spec race cars are not meant for street driving or racing either. Could you imagine an 1/8 scale HPI, Mugen or Serpent flying down your street and hitting some pebbles? It would take flight and destroy the car. But on a groomed track, nothing else would be able to touch it.

As for speed, the latest car magazine article I read titled "Speed machines" included the Traxxas Nitro 4-tech, Traxxas Jato and Schumacher Menace. (and 2 electric vehicles) They posted the top speeds of each vehicle and of course the 4-tech came out on top. Not only did they get a lousy 58mph from the Menace (my menace customers cant believe this one, Ryan, are you reading this?), while every other magazine who has tested the Menace has achieved at least 65mph, but they seemed to forget that Schumacher has the Nitro Fusion. I have witnessed myself as well as heard testimonials from many customers who have had the Fusion head to head with the 4-tech. They have all had the same experience as I have had. When the owners of both machines know how to properly tune an engine, the fusion is faster from start to finish every time. The stock Fusion will get 68mph, the new traxxas 3.3 was clocked at 71mph, BUT if you put the high-speed gear on the Fusion, you get over 75MPH. Most folks dont even realize how much room they need for any of these cars to reach 70MPH and slow back down safely.

I have sold CEN products as well, lots of stuff for little money, but for the few dollars more it is best to go with the higher standards of Schumacher or Traxxas products.

I am not just trying to sell Schumacher products. I own several Traxxas products(as well as every other brand I can get my hands on) and sell we all the major brands from our storefront. I just feel that other than the fusion and the 4-tech, comparing the other vehicles they make is like comparing apples to oranges.

These are all purpose built vehicles. For example, the Revo and the Havoc are both "Monster Trucks" but it would not fair to compare them as equals. On a groomed track, the Revo will cream the Havoc. Take the play off the track, and the Havoc can hit bigger jumps, take harsher crashes and break the Revo any time it wanted to. The Havoc is a tough Stunt truck, the Revo is a Closed-course race truck. Apple, Orange.

We drag raced my Serpent 1/10 scale race car and my Fusion 21. After we swept the dust and pebbles away that kept sendind the serpent skyward, we had many runs head to head. My high dollar race car that sticks to the track like it is on rails and accellerates like a bullet did not seem so impressive against the Fusion. Even though it jumped into the lead early on each time, the Fusion would catch it and pass with no problems. With the serpent geared high enough for 70mph, the Race .12 motor cant pull such a tall gear and losses the strong accelleration.

For speed in the street, RTR vehicles that go over 60mph still cost under $500
For competition on a closed course you need a high end kit that totals over $1000 if you did it right, and you wont be playing with that in the street.(at least you shouldnt)

When you did the brand comparison, where you actually driving all the cars you compared? Who set them up? What where they set up for?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Groundman

Menace will do 58 mph , in 2nd gear , lol ! Like Robert said , alot of these guys in the mags. mis-represent alot of things and this article was the last straw.This comparison should have never taken place, it was a low blow and down right injust. Last week i know i achieved over 65 mph with my Menace, because i hit a small bump and it came so close to going over from going so fast. Schumacher from what i have learned is not going to spend millions on mag. advertisement. But in my opinion and i stress my opinion, they build damn good quality as others do also that spend the millions on advertising. I have an E-maxx that i gave to my brother in law , never had a problem with it. On the other hand many T-maxx owners have done engine swaps to say the least to the Thunder Tiger. There is a reason for this and one of the main ones is that the easability of the Thunder Tiger's settings. I am a Newbie to Nitro and my Menace.21 has opened me up to many understandings that i would have never learned through tougher engines. I am a Schumacher fan , no doubt ! Would i buy another one , Absolutely ! Like Robert said compare apples to apples, and your decision will be easy !
Old 01-27-2007, 05:00 PM
-Inverted-

Mugen is nice, but expensive. CEN is nice, but I personally would only by their Genesis or Nemesis. I love Schumacher products, great quality and design. Not outrageous prices either.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

From my experience you dont need that much room to hit 68mph.

I only run 15% and a stock pinion on my Schumacher. At 40 meters it's maxed out. If you slam on the brakes it usually stops from between 10 to 15 meters.

Like Schumacher RC Superstore said the kit cars are way way better.

Some might not like this, but in my opinion it isn't like comparing apples to oranges at all. They are all 10th scale cars with engines to power them.

I have never had my Serpent fly away anymore than i have had my fusion fly away after hitting a pebble.

You get what you pay for in this game. thats what i have found. A totally stock Fusion is Exellent! You can't beat it. All thats needed to make a stock fusion the best it can be is Wolf pack radicals adjustable engine mounts, so you can fit any engine. And wolf pack radials wheel adapters, so you can fit 1/8 scale wheels. And of course all 3 pinions are a must.
Thats all you should buy!

If your planning on buying all the alloy extras forget it. The fusion alloy hop ups are a big waste of money. Get a kit car!

Which Menace are we talking about? I hear the Menace GTR is almost as fast as a stock fusion?

If we are talking about a Menace 4x4 the top speed claim of 70mph is far fetched. And not reachable with a stock Menace.

Thanks to Rob/Schumacher RC Superstore there is hope for that kind of speed. with his big block conversion the .28 might turn the Fusion pinion. Which the Thunder tiger .21 does not. If it does my opinion of the truck has raised.

Good work Rob on that conversion! Great!

Would be even better if you you got on to wolfgang at Wolfpackradicals.com and got some of his parts to sell on your site!

Old 02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Schumacher RC Superstore

ORIGINAL: Banana Turbo

Some might not like this, but in my opinion it isn't like comparing apples to oranges at all. They are all 10th scale cars with engines to power them.

Apples and oranges are both fruits but different fruits none-the-less. Just like any other classification. We still dont compare them head-to-head.

Would be even better if you you got on to wolfgang at Wolfpackradicals.com and got some of his parts to sell on your site!
Now thats a great request! I will contact them asap and check out thier products.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Groundman

If we are talking about a Menace 4x4 the top speed claim of 70mph is far fetched. And not reachable with a stock Menace.

I am going to have to call B.S. on this one , if you run 30% Nitro and the weather is perfect , Around 60% humidity on a 70* day. No doubt that this is more than just far fetched ! So when Adrian ran the menace while in a car and the car was doing 60 + mph and nailed the menace, it pulled away from the passenger vehicle. I have been around 2 strokes for awhile. I raced Mercury outboards and the weather was our biggest enemy. I would take a 150 hp out board and make it produce 240 + hp on 93 octane.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Banana Turbo
Banned

In that case get a Mugen, Serpent or an other spec race car.

He has basically just said the Fusion isn't up to scratch and is so half rate it can't even be compaired to a car the same size with the same engine that cost 150 dollars more.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

If your saying you can not compair 2 cars of the same size. then one is inferior.

So your saying the fusion is inferior to other race spec cars?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 AM
Havoc™

depends if you would want onroad or off road im not sure about mugen but cen are not verrygood they have a lot of weakspots and not to reliyable engine[]
so if you want on road i reconmend a fusion 21 and off road a havoc ino 50+ isnt astonishing but it shifts with a realy reliyable .28 engine and starting system its pretty dam good!
the havoc is great for hardcore bashing and it can take a beating, its schumacher all the way!!