Community
Search
Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Havoc help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Cerberus90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havoc help

Hi,

My friend is having problems with his Havoc (yet again).

I have a couple of questions about it.

Its got the "4.6 BigBlock engine" (.28 iirc) in it. What fuel should he be using. He was using 25% stuff, is this too high?

What sort of glow plug should he be using. He's just had one blow, and I've given him one from my Hong Nor Ultra LX1 (which has a .28 engine in). Its an odonnel ODO99 plug.

Last of all, he has a problem with his transmission. When there is no resistance to the tyres (i.e holding off the ground), you can turn the wheels and all the cogs will turn, through to the clutch.
However, when there is resistance to the wheels, they won't turn. The engine will just rev, and the clutch will spin, the big plastic cog will spin, but it doesn't get through to the wheels. I believe that his Diff is broken in some way. Would you agree?
When the car is sat on the ground, you can turn the plastic cog around with your finger, and the car doesn't move.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Cerberus90

Default RE: Havoc help

anyone?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Anthoop

I can answer a few of your questions.....Yes 25% fuel is fine, and yes the drive problem sounds like a slipping/broken diff.
For your other questions and a great deal of Havoc knowledge I recommend you join the Schumacher forum:-
http://www.racing-cars.com/main.asp
Old 04-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Havoc1992

The drive problem sounds like the problem I have just had. You need to take the diff out and tighten up the grub screw as far as it will go and then loosen it a quarter of a turn. It shows you how to do it in the manual. Havocs have a ball diff so they are very different to other cars.
For the glow plug I have been recommended an OS#8 but I use 16% fuel so do not go any hotter than the OS#8.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Cerberus90

Found the problem, the pin behind the plastic gear had sheared off. That got replaced and its now running fine. Although one of the ball grippa things has now cracked, so my mates gotta order some of them now before we can take them back out again.

Thanks for the responses though.