Community
Search
Notices
Schumacher Racing Discuss all Schumacher Racing products here!

Schumacher's Newest Rc - Manic

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schumacher's Newest Rc - Manic

Here's the latest from Schumacher :

A 1/8 scale Monster truck with a massive .36 twin cylinder engine. Very cool !

http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp?sitepages=manic

Elven Wizard
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Havoc1992

Default RE: Schumacher's Newest Rc - Manic

That engine looks incredible. I was planning on getting a Baja 5B 2.0 in a few months but now i think i'm going to get a manic instead as i have had hardly any problems with my havoc in a few years of owning it (well it did have a head on collision with a riot yesterday at 20mph and i broke a steering arm[sm=lol.gif])
The only thing i'm worried about is how that belt for the drive is going to cope with that engine.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
elven wizard

The Manic looks really exciting.
I am eager to see how that twin engine runs. Looking at the Manic it looks like a Havoc with a 4wd belt drivetrain. I have lots of experience in twin engine Rc's. Below is pics of my GTX2's. Awesome trucks ! Insane power ! [sm=punching.gif]
Running the Havoc's I always wondered what it would be like if they were 4wd. I am happy that Schumacher went with a belt drivetrain than shaft.

Elven Wizard
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69523.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1230695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58125.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1230696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16983.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1230697  
Old 07-06-2009, 11:33 AM
ProRCRacer88

Id never recommend a belt drive truck for offroad. The menace belt is covered up at least, the belt on the manic is out in the open. Looks like they took the .18 engines they offer in another truck and stuck them together and changed the cooling heads. Idk about this truck....
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
elven wizard

Belt out in the open -

This is what I have to know. I dont know if it will be a problem with dirt getting in between the belt and gears until I get the Manic and fully test it in all terrian conditions. Dirt, sand, mud. Schumacher's engineering team are pretty smart and I'm sure they have done rigerous testing on the Manic. Those photos of the Manic could be prototype and who's knows if there is a problem there with the dirt in belt/gear. The Manic might even come with a dust cover. Again who knows, until I get one.

Elven Wizard
Old 07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
ProRCRacer88

They should have done a shaft drive like all the other offroad rc's are. Making it belt drive is begging for transmission problems.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
elven wizard

I prefer belt over shaft because of many reason's when it comes to high powered engine's twin engine, high powered single or brushless or etc, one problem of shaft drive is this
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJBM3&P=Z

Many of these have went out to soon on the GTX2, and other shaft driven Rc's I've had. This is to say without full throttling it. There is just too much power being put on this part for it so easily to go out. With belt drivetrain I dont have to worry about this particular part failing. A belt can last a lot longer than a bevel/spiral gear.

Elven Wizard

Name:	Ay75161.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1230866   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38521.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1230867   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35147.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1230868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46489.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1230869  
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM
ProRCRacer88

Those bevel gears dont wear out too fast if you have them properly meshed right. Mines lasted a good while in my kyosho st-rr that was powered by a high performance .28. If you have a good quality kit, then parts wont wear like they do on rtrs or cheaper quality rc's. Your GTX2 is a truck with 2 BBs so u can expect transmission parts to go out like they do because its too much power for it.

But if belt drive is what you prefere offroad and your having good luck with it, no need to change then.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
elven wizard

Proracer you said - Your GTX2 is a truck with 2 BBs so u can expect transmission parts to go out like they do because its too much power for it.

You just admited right there just what I have been saying about very high powered engines (twin) destroying transmission (driveline ) gears. Why not approach this another way using a belt method. The GtX2 by no means is junk it's just 2x .26 is alot of power ! The Fg 4x4 uses a enclosed belt and i've seen it already running with high powered engines with virtually no problems at all (even though of course single engine) . < A belt system has worked for this buggy/truck. Why would it not for the Manic.

Give the belt idea a chance on the Manic. Until I get it and test the Manic out then I'll know and let you know. I will be honest about it.

Elven Wizard
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 PM
ProRCRacer88

My debate wasnt about twin engined rc's though its about 1 engined rc's. Keep us posted on this truck.

My fusion has a RB 928 in it as of now and i will let you know if the belt gets ripped in half from the power of this beast

Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
elven wizard

I went thru plenty of these in the GTX2 dogbones, diffs, etc. In fact I have a toolbox I carry with me of just spare parts for the GTX2. It will be a blessing if the Manic's dogbones, diffs etc hold up better under twin engine power.

Elven Wizard

Name:	Tr49231.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1233428  
Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
elven wizard

That is one Motha of an engine in that thing !
Old 07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
ProRCRacer88

If its going through parts like that.. id say sell it. I started to get one in the past but changed my mind. And yes its alot of engine for any car, but im going for maximum power since I will be drag racing it. I still might get rid of it because I want a 1/8th mugen or kyosho onroad. Decided to hook it up like it is and see what it can do on the drag strip. Will try to race this weekend.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
elven wizard

Call your Fusion "The Lil Hot Rod".

I go thru diffs every few runs. Dogbones I go thru alot. I have lots of those. Drive cups too go out alot. Bearing's have been a problem. I"ve stocked up on those also. If this is the case with the Manic then I will just have to stock up on parts for that too. No complaints here, I just love Twin Power !

Below you can barely see it, but the teeth on the spiral/bevel gear are sheared off. Here the dogbones look straight but they aren't. Insane Power =translates= into broken parts !

Elven Wizard

Name:	If10586.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1233434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28684.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	1233435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23266.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1233436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89367.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1233437  
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
ProRCRacer88

Theres better options than spending money on replacements on that gtx2. I will tell you that the kyosho truggy i have almost never breaks anything. Seriously I have spares sitting around because it never breaks down no matter how many time i crash or flip it or land a jump wrong.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:53 PM
elven wizard

Have you checked out my Pic Gallery ?

I have had just about every Rc buggy there is. [X(] I have my very own Rc warehouse and another storage in another part of town full of Rc's and parts. I was the first one to exeed over 1500 pics here. I still have 100's more pics to post up of Rc's that I have. I put my life into the world of Rc and would have it no other way. I do understand what your saying about the Kyosho's toughness, but twin powered engines just takes it to another level.

Elven Wizard
Old 07-11-2009, 04:43 PM
ProRCRacer88

Thats a huge collection of rc's. You can never say at anytime your bored or have nothing to do. I really liked the MCD, i want to get one or a FG one day.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:49 PM
elven wizard

I really like MCD. I've put very many hours of run time into them.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Adam Bailey

For those of you that are worried about the belt holding up in the new Manic think about this...

Nic Case holds the R/C speed record using a highly modified Schumacher MI3.5 touring car. But this car used 2 of the front grey belts (Part # U3012) which are 3mm stock belts, as a matter a fact those grey belts are normally used in stock racing only, the black belts are used for mod racing.

So I'm going to bet that the belt on the Manic is going to hold up just fine if the thinner softer belts for the touring car and handle 161MPH

Something else to ponder on this, Nic Cases car was an 8HP electric vehicle, and the Manic is nowhere near that powerful
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Adam Bailey

For those of you that are worried about the belt holding up in the new Manic think about this...

Nic Case holds the R/C speed record using a highly modified Schumacher MI3.5 touring car. But this car used 2 of the front grey belts (Part # U3012) which are 3mm stock belts, as a matter a fact those grey belts are normally used in stock racing only, the black belts are used for mod racing.

So I'm going to bet that the belt on the Manic is going to hold up just fine if the thinner softer belts for the touring car and handle 161MPH

Something else to ponder on this, Nic Cases car was an 8HP electric vehicle, and the Manic is nowhere near that powerful
.......................Horsepower is not the issue here it is dirt and tiny pebbles getting caught inbetween the belts and the pulleys causing them to wear out quickly. Offroad surface is not as clean as a onroad surface. Mr. Case runs on smooth clean perpared surfaces.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Adam Bailey

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

ORIGINAL: Adam Bailey

.......................Horsepower is not the issue here it is dirt and tiny pebbles getting caught inbetween the belts and the pulleys causing them to wear out quickly. Offroad surface is not as clean as a onroad surface. Mr. Case runs on smooth clean perpared surfaces.

The MI3.5's and MI4's that run on asphalt also get dirt in them, you are correct on the different surfaces, but then look at the Cat SX, same belts in an off road vehicle and they have no issues holding up, mine are raced once a week and I have all the original belts on them. for the record we run on a muddy, very dirty track, not blue groove
Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
nitrohead5300

Adam I had 3 fusions and the track we raced on was dusty and even with the belt cover I had to replace the belt often I can't believe that since the belt is setting out in the open with no proctection that it would not be subsitable to a wear problem....... but time will tell.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM
elven wizard

This will be interesting know about the belt / gear in the Manic having any issues from dirt. When I get one I will run it everywhere. When those front wheels start spinning up dirt cause it's 4wd will the little pebbles get in between the gear / belt. causing a problem ?

Here below are pics of the Fusion and Menace 1st my Fusion belt which had twice as many runs as the Menace. Dirt and crude did get in there even though it's enclosed. The belt/gear teeth was still good dispite the looks of it. I used it many runs after I clean/ assembled everything back together. 2nd the pics with the belt that looks smooth on top and in better condition is the Menace. I run it on the track coming back with the chassis full of dirt each time. A few spreckles of crude found in there has not effected the performance.

Elven Wizard

Name:	Nl28607.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1238164   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36836.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1238165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20399.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1238166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm30108.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1238167  
Old 07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Adam Bailey

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

Adam I had 3 fusions and the track we raced on was dusty and even with the belt cover I had to replace the belt often I can't believe that since the belt is setting out in the open with no proctection that it would not be subsitable to a wear problem....... but time will tell.

That's weird cause I'm still running my original belts on my menace and fusion and they're over a year old????
Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 PM
nitrohead5300

Elven when my belt started looking like your first photo on my Fusion I would change it. The belts never snapped on me but I was concerned they may have been slipping. Yes I did have to replace them often but during that time I was racing the hell out of my Fusions too!! I just have a wait see attitude ABOUT THE BELTS DURABILITY on a offroad car without a cover.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.