Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

schweizer 2-33 scale modle

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:41 PM
_kearney_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default schweizer 2-33 scale modle

Dose anyone know of any 2-33 glider kits. I am looking for one that is about 1/5 th scale. My plan is to build one along with a L-19 birddog and give them both the Air Cadets paint scheme. Then I will attempt to tow the glider up!
Old 04-17-2004, 08:30 PM
mmartin55

Default RE: schweizer 2-33 scale modle

Brandon,

Have you found the 2-33 plans you were looking for? I am planning on drawing plans for this ship soon and if you will round me up good, accurate 3 view drawings and photos of the original by email, I will send you the first printed set to prototype for me. That offer is good for anyone else who responds back if Brandon is not still interested or has already built his. I need a good qualified scratch builder who wants to build and fly the SGS 2-33.

I am working on a 1/6 scale 2-32 right now which translates to 114" span for anyone that is interested in building the first off from these plans. Plans for this should be done May 1 '04 and canopy tooling initiated soon after. Foam wings will be available as will fiberglass fuse if goes well but would like to see the first one fly as built up before we spend on the tooling.

We now have the 1-26E in 1/6 scale 80" 2 meter span plans and patterns available to ship and two prototypes are being built of the 96" 1/5 scale 1-26E right now and order for this plan can be shipped as soon as 15 May so make your orders now! Hope to have one or more of these flying at the Midwest Slope Challenge in May.

Tom Martin
http://www.lightfastgraphics.com/schweizer_126.html[URL]
Old 04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Been thinking about a 2-22. Trained in both.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:08 PM
_kearney_

"I need a good qualified scratch builder who wants to build and fly the SGS 2-33."
I have never scratch built a plane before...
Old 12-13-2004, 08:15 PM
mmartin55

So Cal,

No 2-22 yet. Should just be a wing change heh?

My new link URL for plans and pattens and short kits, foamies and ARC glass fuse/foam wing Schweizers sailplanes is www.tmrcsailplanes.com.

Just got a hold of Brandon and will begin on his 1:5 and then 1:3 scale plans and laser cut short kits for the 2-33. The Canadian Air Cadets colors are nice. Looks like we will have to offer graphics for that one!

Tom
Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

There are some differences besides the wing. The v-stab/rudder and misc. fuse stringers.
Old 12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
TheParrot

Hey I live right near Elmira New York (Where the Schweizer plant is, i can actually walk there) I'm also invoved with the local Soaring Club at Harris Hill. I know Schweizers still has at least 2 2-33s and we have 3. I'll see if I can get you some pictures.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
mmartin55

Pictures of a 2-33 (OR ANY SCHWEIZER FOR THAT MATTER) that is in the hangar for recover would be best. I have a full size ship here in Gardner KS airport (30miles) that I can photo and measure. I too have located existing plans and one flying airframe for which I am hoping to be able to purchase or recieve a set of plans on to use as a starting point.

By the way, taking this week off to do nothing but finish the CAD for the 1:6 SGS 2-32 short kit parts and plans for the SGS 1-23 1:5 scale.

Tom
www.tmrcsailplanes.com
"Home of the Schweizers"