Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

What gas engine for a 111" scratch built Kadet?

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

What gas engine for a 111" scratch built Kadet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What gas engine for a 111" scratch built Kadet?

Would you guys please venture to guess what size gas engine and propeller size I should use to power a scratch built 105" to 111" Kadet Senior trainer. I can't be sure of the final weight of the plane, but I figure if the Sig 110" Rascal ARF weighs in at 13lbs, and I have a tendency to build heavy, then perhaps my 111" cusom built Kadet could be an 18-19 lb plane when gassed up and finished with wing tubes, flaps & servos, and a pound of nose lead if necessary. (a worse case scenario)

I have previously depended on Moki 2.1 glo engines to power my 20lb+ planes, and have absolutely no experience with gas engines. While I don't want a needlessly heavy engine, I also don't want something that will be marginal in power either. I'd like the perfect combination of an engine with a little extra power to spare but of the lower weight range to help keep this plane a floater.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What gas engine for a 111

The Zenoah 26 (or the older 23) will be an excellent choice.