Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Printing Plans

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
leeosenton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printing Plans

I have been out of RC for 20 years and have just begun finishing a sport flyer. While building, Ihave gotten a digital copy of SeaFury plans that I want to build, I checked at several online printing places and they estimate $25 and up for a single copy plus shipping. The plans are approximately 32" x 60". Anyone have a suggestion for a more reasonable priced print service?

Thanks,
Lee
Old 11-11-2011, 03:35 AM
wattmeter

Default RE: Printing Plans

ORIGINAL: leeosenton

I have been out of RC for 20 years and have just begun finishing a sport flyer. While building, I have gotten a digital copy of SeaFury plans that I want to build, I checked at several online printing places and they estimate $25 and up for a single copy plus shipping. The plans are approximately 32'' x 60''. Anyone have a suggestion for a more reasonable priced print service?

Thanks,
Lee
Is there a Minute Man Press near by?
I have prints done by them and I think it was around $25.00 for four sheets
wattmeter
Old 11-11-2011, 03:38 AM
wattmeter

Old 11-11-2011, 05:12 AM
ppljr
My Feedback: (94)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check here...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=797541
Old 11-11-2011, 05:27 AM
davidgeorge212

I guess I was lucky and found a graphics shop local in my area that will print 36" wide plans by however long for around $3 to $4 a sheet. (Black and White copies of course)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:11 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: leeosenton

I have been out of RC for 20 years and have just begun finishing a sport flyer. While building, I have gotten a digital copy of SeaFury plans that I want to build, I checked at several online printing places and they estimate $25 and up for a single copy plus shipping. The plans are approximately 32'' x 60''. Anyone have a suggestion for a more reasonable priced print service?

Thanks,
Lee
Lee, email me the digital image and I will plot them for you, for the return postage. $12.
I have a 36" plotter.
Email, [email protected]
Bob
Old 11-13-2011, 05:54 AM
leeosenton

Thank you to all for the ideas and offers. The plans in question are for a Hawker Sea Fury and were obtained from http://plans.aerofred.com. After posting my request for printing ideas, I studied the digital copy of the plans and saw the designer's name. It turns out that Gus Morfis has his own web site and sells his plans for very reasonable prices considering the amount of labor he has invested. I have emailed him and hope to purchase them directly since he appears to be the rightful owner. His site is http://www.rccombat.com/sections/man...its_morfis.htm

Thanks again to all,
Lee