Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

P-40B Tomahawk Plans?

Old 08-23-2003, 03:18 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-40B Tomahawk Plans?

Does anyone happen to have a source for P-40B Tomahawk plans in any format? Thanks!
Old 08-23-2003, 11:17 AM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

RCM has a set of plans for a small scale P-40B designed by Gordon Whitehead. It's designed for a .10-.15 engine. I have built and flown this little beauty, and can highly recommend it. It's a ball to fly, and most guys don't believe their eyes when they see how well this little airplane flys. I imagine you cold blow the plans up to any size you like.

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/000...ml?command=env

I'm hoping that link works. In any case, it's plan #923 from the October 1984 issue of RCM.
Old 08-24-2003, 12:17 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

It works! Thanks for the info. If I can't get them in a cad file, this will be the route I take. I'm amazed at how such a beautiful airplane isn't modeled in .40-.90 r/c more. I realize there are inherent problems with the full scale version, but these can be overcome with a little effort! Guten nacht, Herr Jaerschky!
Old 08-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P-40B

go here: http://www.scaleaero.com/jerrybates.htm Jerry has an excellent set of plans for the Tomahawk in 1/5.5 scale. Robart has retracts available and any of the kit cutters can make your parts.