Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Anyone using National Balsas Laser Cut Kits

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Anyone using National Balsas Laser Cut Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM
fred123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using National Balsas Laser Cut Kits

Plan to build Hostetler's Pawnee using a full wood kit. Considering Precision Cut Kits or National Balsa. What have been you experiences with either of these two suppliers? Fred 123
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Anyone using National Balsas Laser Cut Kits

Used 2 of their kits. My Stuka kit was great quality no warped wood great laser cutting. My Skyraider kit was garbage. Warped wood crappy cuts etc. Won't be buying from them again.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:37 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Warped wood crappy cuts etc. Won't be buying from them again."

You might specify which "them" you are referring to.

Les
Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I've built allot of the PCK kits... Unfortunately, i've never been 100% happy with them. The wood selection is sub-par (heavy hard wood for sheeting, soft light-weight wood for structural parts, lite ply used in place of "aircraft ply" specified parts), LOTS of missing parts from nearly every kit, parts are "bagged" instead of left in the sheets they are cut from, so small parts are almost always broken. NO customer support for missing/broken parts, incorrectly cut parts, missing wood (or insufficient amounts of wood included with their "full" kit to actually build the thing), parts not cut to the correct size.. My list could go on and on... only reason I keep getting their crap kits is b/c i buy them second hand for a discount and they are a good start. My suggestion, is to buy one of their short kits and select your balsa for the rest of the build.

As far as national balsa goes, I order all of my balsa supply from them and the wood supplied has 90% of the time been acceptable. I ordered a hostetler geebee full kit from them and after placing the order and 2 weeks, the lack of communication of the delay in shipping caused me to cancel the order (apparently they don't stock ANY of their kits.. It would of been nice of them to mention this on their website!). I do plan to order a Ziroli P-61 full kit from them.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Grotesquebass
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: LesUyeda

''Warped wood crappy cuts etc. Won't be buying from them again.''

You might specify which ''them'' you are referring to.

Les
Well the title of the forum kind of gives it away.