Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

seeking a builder for a 1/3 scale aeronca champ

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

seeking a builder for a 1/3 scale aeronca champ

Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 AM
PROSTOCK68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default seeking a builder for a 1/3 scale aeronca champ

serious owner seeking a SERIOUS 1/3 scale scale builder for a hand cut fabric covered 1/3 scale aeronca champ plane with hane built scale gear detailed cockpit area please pm with a number lets talk as well as see pics of planes you have built this will not be a "cheap" build
Old 12-23-2011, 07:36 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: seeking a builder for a 1/3 scale aeronca champ

I used to do that sort of thing, and I emphasize USED TO DO. I found that the most difficult part of the endeavor was "definition of task".

I got into way too many "but I thought your were going to do this" or that or test fly it for me, etc.,etc., etc.

Be certain that all bases are covered, and in writing, so that you are both on the same page.

Good luck

Les
Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (444)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seeking a builder for a 1/3 scale aeronca champ

Hi, did you find a builder?

If not see my web site http://www.matoonline.com/planeBuildingPrices.htm

I'm mostly booked, but I probably can squeeze in one more. Looks like I'm getting on my head on a 108 inch Sopwith Pup, my current build.

John Richardson does the finishing. He picks the planes up from me built and does the finish. www.rcAircraftWorks.com

I build large 1x2 pine framed, cardboard covered, crates for $75. uShip.com is a less that a load web site that takes bids. It may take a few more weeks to get it shipped, but $150 for a large crate is an average bid. That's door to door service. I usually try to build planes to come apart when shipping to keep the cost down.