Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Old aircraft Magazine- New find for me

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Old aircraft Magazine- New find for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Old aircraft Magazine- New find for me

Sorry for the false start on this post

Since December, I've been collecting information to build a 1/4 scale Deperdussin 1910 Type A. Today, I was given some old "books" by a lady who's late husband was a R/C guy. In the books were some magazines, WW-1 Aero. They are "The Jorrnal of the EarlyAeroplane" They have a sister publication, Skyways, the journal of the airplane 1920 -1940. They are based out of Red Hook, Ny, home of the Rhinebeck Aerodrome. The information in the magazines and that avaiable from their Master Materials list is quite extensive. The Master Materials List with the magazines was from about 1996 and it shows a package of 71 sheets of infomration "enough to build from" for $25 for a Deperdussin 1911TypeB. A quick google showed that the organization is still alive and well, and the Deperdussin package is still avaiable, but the current price is unknown. If you are starting a scratch build from your own plans for one of the older planes, this might be a good place to look for information.

Iused to live and work very close to their old address and new one, less than 10 miles away, Sure wish I had the RC bug back then.

http://www.ww1aeroinc.org/ is their website. Turns out that they are a non-profit org, and probably are associated with the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

Hope this helps some of you shorten your look for old plane info.

Don