Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

SUKHOI - HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM
DBeckner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUKHOI - HELP NEEDED

Ineed your help.
I purchased a Suhkoi kit at an estate auction . The box was taped up so I had no way to check it out before purchasing. When I opened it up , I found several parts missing along with the plans. I can build the parts but need the plans to find out what is missing and how to peice it together..Help get this nice plane in the air.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts
Default RE: SUKHOI - HELP NEEDED

ORIGINAL: DBeckner

I need your help.
I purchased a Suhkoi kit at an estate auction . The box was taped up so I had no way to check it out before purchasing. When I opened it up , I found several parts missing along with the plans. I can build the parts but need the plans to find out what is missing and how to peice it together..Help get this nice plane in the air.
The brand name of the kit would help along with a discription of the size.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
DBeckner

The box doesnt have all the writing on it  . so I am guessing by looking at the parts and what writing is legible.
SUKHOI SU 26
wing span 58.5 - 60?
fuselage 48.5
engine maybe 40 -60
Old 09-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The box doesnt have all the writing on it . so I am guessing by looking at the parts and what writing is legible.
SUKHOI SU 26
wing span 58.5 - 60?
fuselage 48.5
engine maybe 40 -60
Does it say AKM anywhere? AK Models sold a small Sukhoi kit like that. They're still around, but that kit doesn't show on their website any more.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 09-01-2012, 12:38 PM
DBeckner

I dont have any more info on this.. I was thinking maybe a goldberg or possibly sig.. Possibly mid '80s.. I am thinking if I can find the plans for any sukhoi I may be able to figure out what is missing ,  if I have to I might could possibly scrap enough together to build .
Old 09-01-2012, 02:02 PM
haikt
My Feedback: (11)

start putting it together and post some pics , I am sure we can help you along.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 AM
DBeckner

without something to go from , guess I will put this on the shelf. I was almost certain some one would be willing to help out.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

without something to go from , guess I will put this on the shelf. I was almost certain some one would be willing to help out.

People are plenty willing to help out, but you need to give us a little more information. You have the box, take a picture of it and post it in this thread. Manufacturers usually used unique color schemes, so even if the name is not legible, someone should be able to identify it. Is there a slogan ont he box or a portion of an address? Take some of the major die cut parts out and take a picture of those as well. Again, unique patterns in the die-cutting might trigger memories...
Old 09-02-2012, 12:54 PM
DBeckner

I will try to get a pic in the next day or 2. Dont know what a plain white box with some one's writing in what appears to be sharpie will help..
Geez, I didnt know it was this complicated.. I never knew finding some one willing to share a plan would be so hard.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

I must agree that posting a photo of a plain white box will achieve little.

Perhaps if you were to remove what parts that box contains, lay them out in some semblance of order, (ribs, spars together/longerons, cowling, canopy, etc together), someone might well recognize your kit and be able to provide what you need.

I've found the most friendly, courteous modelers visit this site and your frustrations may well be assuaged!

Best of luck in your quest

Don
Old 10-01-2012, 05:02 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

I will try to get a pic in the next day or 2. Dont know what a plain white box with some one's writing in what appears to be sharpie will help..
Geez, I didnt know it was this complicated.. I never knew finding some one willing to share a plan would be so hard.
I know this is an old response, but it is pretty funny. Here's a translation "Geez, I wish someone on this stupid forum would get off their lazy ass, dig through their pile of kits, pull out the plans, drive them to staples, pay for copies, pack them in a tube, take them to the post office, and pay to have them shipped to me. What? You want me to post a couple pictures? Gosh, that's a lot of work!"