Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Jack Capen PA-18 wing

The J-3 was the first plane I got to fly when I was in the Civil Air Patrol back in 1957. I went up with an instructor and did not know I was going to get to fly it. I was 16 at the time flying control line planes . We were up for a while and he just said you got the stick what a day that was.
    Yes the plane will have flaps. I am doing the spars and shear webs to print. There are to sets of spars front and rear using 1/32 ply for the shear webs. I will post pictures as the build goes on, I am 73 so won't be real fast. I have prints of this same plane onlya 40 size on floats I want to build to fly off my pond.
    Ken
    Wherever conversion engines are outlawed, only outlaws will have conversion engines.

ULTA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My wood came today, how the fun starts, part cutting time. Will be starting with the wing. Each wing is 51" with 17 ribs. The print shows 3 spars 2 up front and 1 to the rear, I will be using 1 up font and 1 to the rear both with 1/32 plyshear webbing.
    Ken
    Wherever conversion engines are outlawed, only outlaws will have conversion engines.

ULTA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad to hear your ready to start now you have the wood.
    Three spars up front sounds about right for a wing that size without sheathing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12