Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

seaplane / weedeater help...

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

seaplane / weedeater help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
philakapd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: seaplane / weedeater help...

Hi,
What is the all up weight (wet)?
What will your wing loading be?
What is your ground clearance to centerline after the gear and wheels are installed?
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: do335a

ORIGINAL: joshrc110

www.dragtimes.com/video-viewer.php
the plane in this video i believe in 1400mm witch is not to much bigger then my seaplane and the thing flys great?
Flys great? I didn't see anything fly in that video.

The plane just sits there with the engine running.

Well, his might "fly" as well as the one in the video. As long as it does not take off...:-)

Gerry
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a link to the plane in the video. It has an 86.5" span and about double the wing area of his neptune.

http://www.abellhobby.com/86-Aerial-...F-p/26ccav.htm

On the other hand, the photo of the (supposedly) converted Neptune land plane in the first post looks kind of interesting. I may build one.

(For 7.5cc power, of course.)

Jim
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The wing loading and more importantly cubed loading is going to be way outside the bounds of a prudent sport flying airplane. Just saying...

Bob

Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

This plane WILL work with your motor if you modify the airframe, and balance it right.. It does however have 1000 square inch of wing. I have also flown the great Planes GeeBee r2, and the CMP Hellcat with converted 25ccs.. One time I flew a giant stinger with one, but it was the most terrifying underpowered overloaded flight I have ever survived :P

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBMM8&P=ML

At least I have flown mine with no real problems, even lands decent, warm but no bad habits...

I need a new carb diaphragm in it ..
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
foodstick

Here you go p.s. my new Carb parts just showed up in the mail !

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87117.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1820043   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90329.jpg
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	1820044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26701.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	1820045  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
foodstick

just found this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11295904

talking about small !, I bet the pilot is no slouch!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
champjocky
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:53 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

This might go to prove that "witches"DOFLY?
ORIGINAL: joshrc110

www.dragtimes.com/video-viewer.php
the plane in this video i believe in 1400mm witch is not to much bigger then my seaplane and the thing flys great?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same heavy arf seaplane i got in a trade ,the motor mast was loose when installed ,no front hatch for a flight battery and the hardware looks like junk. It is a heavy plane to begin with and adding a gas motor would make it fly like a yard dart . I dont want to argue cause it your plane but if your heart is set on waisting time mounting the BIG motor and trying to fly it knock your socks off. My china junk seaplane is sitting in a corner till i can cut it open and fix it so i dont waist my time even mounting a 40 or 50 nitro on it. As far as more weight for landing gear mounted on it all i can say is, LMAO . Good luck . joe
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 PM
wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

TROLL ALERT! don't feed the TROLL really guys, 40 size seaplane he wants to turn into a 26 cc 3d plane[img][/img]
No more calls, Raptureboy is the winner..... I think. Hey, if I'm wrong I apologise, but..... can you see two guys or more sitting around, stoped building in the shop, may be drank a couple & one guy says, "Hey, I got a great idea of how we can get everybody goin on a RCU forum!!!!" just sayn wallace.tharp
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

If you want to do something with it go electric. If you must go gas look at some of the small 60- 90 size gas motors that r coming out. Smilar to the bme supertiger conversion. About a pound and a half lighter than your weedie right off the bat.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:12 AM
bruceal

I had this plane last year with a 55AX. I thought that it flew lousy to say the least. Finally the engine pod snapped off and that was that! This was the only plane that I ever bought off of e-bay and I only paid $75.00 for it. It looked like a nice plane but the hardware was garbage and the covering was a cheap knock off of cheap covering. Hardly worth the effort to try a project like this.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM
raptureboy

No replies from the op(troll) since starting this thing, yet here we are on almost 3 pages of responses.????? No wonder people have no time to build kits. Me, it's just a slow day at work today so I have nothing else to do, but when I get home it's straight to the man cavegot to finish my p-47 and start my pt-19
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: raptureboy

No replies from the op(troll) since starting this thing, yet here we are on almost 3 pages of responses.????? No wonder people have no time to build kits. Me, it's just a slow day at work today so I have nothing else to do, but when I get home it's straight to the man cave[img][/img] got to finish my p-47 and start my pt-19
rap: You got it man! He's too bussy laughing at us! And I admit it's a good one. Anyone in the hobby for any amount of time knows that there is no way you can convert a weed-eater to be anywhere near what an average inexpensive R/C engine can do on an R/C airplane. They are great boat anchors!! wallace.tharp
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM
foodstick

Well, troll or not. this has been an interesting thread, I am always glad to see a thread with discussion. heaven knows so many are pretty dry with content, or worse "angry"... :P
Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

And what's even more interesting is that all the subsequent posters have offered correct advice.

Maybe that's why we haven't heard from the OP. He hasn't heard what he was wanting to hear.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe that's why we haven't heard from the OP. He hasn't heard what he was wanting to hear.

Could be. It's a truism that, when we claim to seek advice, what we are really seeking is confirmation. It's a "human" thing.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM
wallace.tharp

ORIGINAL: bogbeagle

Could be. It's a truism that, when we claim to seek advice, what we are really seeking is confirmation. It's a ''human'' thing.
Most any woman knows if you really want to impress a man, ask him a lot of questions and act like you are really interested in the answers, especially if it's a subject he loves.. again...just sayin. wallace.tharp
Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
joebahl

I scratch built this electrict short solent seaplane from plans ,its 100 inch wing span with a 6ft long fuse .I wonder if i should get rid of its slow scale gracefull flight and the way it takes off so easy from the water by putting 4 gas motors on it so it flys like a brick lmao Naaaaaaa ,joe

Name:	Db85213.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1820588   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42437.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1820589  
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: joebahl

I scratch built this electrict short solent seaplane from plans ,its 100 inch wing span with a 6ft long fuse .I wonder if i should get rid of its slow scale gracefull flight and the way it takes off so easy from the water by putting 4 gas motors on it so it flys like a brick lmao Naaaaaaa ,joe
Sweet airplane!

Bob
Old 11-15-2012, 02:08 PM
joebahl

Thanks Bob ,i cant figure out why most of us are trying our best to make our planes lighter and you get a couple of these guys trying to screw up their own plane. I think he is watching this and is most likly laughing but it is him that looks foolish . I weighed most every thing i could to keep it at 8 pounds or under and straping BIG gas motors on it is not the answer to flying a nice plane. You fly on the wing not the motor. Check out the weight and wingloadings of Ivans planes ,thats why they fly so nice. joe http://www.ivansplans.com/
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
do335a

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget to include the necessary mods to make it do 3D.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM
joebahl

Thats why i built this ,its a 100mph seaplane .I had a tuned pipe on it but things were flexing to much. Iam old fart but just try keepimg up with my old ars . lmao Iam the second guy flying my red and white seacruiser in this video ,it will fly 3-d and do a nife edge circle . joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tExcCotOxfo

Name:	Vt58552.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1820633  
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
wallace.tharp

Thats why i built this ,its a 100mph seaplane .I had a tuned pipe on it but things were flexing to much. Iam old fart but just try keepimg up with my old ars . lmao Iam the second guy flying my red and white seacruiser in this video ,it will fly 3-d and do a nife edge circle . joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tExcCotOxfo
Doooooooood! I saw you fly this at Lk. Havasu a few weeks back. You call it the "suitcae," right? Flys very well for a homebrew flying boat! Congrats. wallace.tharp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.