Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Great Plans Ebay...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
gearz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Plans Ebay...

All the seller plans are $3.00.... I cant find any info on the plans or the seller. Anyone know?
[link]http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-Fokker-DR-1-ws-94-5-plans-/360508362931?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item53eff910b3[/link]

I was mistaken, they are email attatchments to take to your local printer.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Bill G

Default RE: Great Plans Ebay...

There's no description whatsoever there, other than 94" span. I would assume you are correct also, that they send you an email and expect to make 3 bucks. This is about as bad as US Wings, that showed my scale Seabee as being the result of a cartoon scale plan. There are far too many free plans out there, than to spend one red cent on schemes like this. 200% scale should give you 96" span from this free plan for example, which in theory will still generally use standard wood sizes when enlarged or reduced by a factor of 2.
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3473
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Another guy selling plans that are ripped off from magazines and other sources.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Mooney_driver

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

Another guy selling plans that are ripped off from magazines and other sources.
Either that or they are getting them from here, Outerzone.co.uk,Hippocket, or RCGroups when someone uploads them.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM
whirleytwirley

Made the mistake of buying some P-61 plans from this seller and they were just poor copies of Ziroli plans. I think he uses more than one name as theres other ebay plans sellers that use the same broken english and offer the same plans. Not sure how guys like this get away with ripping off other's work. ebay should shut this and the other guys down.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: whirleytwirley

Made the mistake of buying some P-61 plans from this seller and they were just poor copies of Ziroli plans. I think he uses more than one name as theres other ebay plans sellers that use the same broken english and offer the same plans. Not sure how guys like this get away with ripping off other's work. ebay should shut this and the other guys down.

If you want a set of Real ziroli P61 plans that are new and unused, send me a PM, i have a set im not going to use
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM
gearz

I went ahead and purchased the plans. He emailed me plans in .pdf form of a RCM&E plans from a magazine. ....wow thats not my grammer, I applaud you if you read this thread.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Great Plans" is selling copies from RCM&E, RCM plans etc. Some of his plans are almost as much as the originals. He has a BAe Hawk by Paul Grey for $19.00, I can get the originals from www.modelflying.co.uk.at the same cost. Buyer beware.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM
F4u5
My Feedback: (81)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't buy any RCM plans from/for Dave Andersen designs. Dave offers them up for free at www.mnbigbirds.com

Now that's classy!

Jeff