Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

coroplast

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 09:07 PM
avistar181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coroplast

I was informed by another person in this forum on how to purcvhase coroplast to make the planes mentioned on http://www.spadtothebone.com and i tried to order the stuff off the Harbor sales website. However I was trying to complete the profile form and it would not allow me to continue with the purchase due to some error. I would like to try building one of the planes(corostang) but i have found no other source from which I can purchase the material. Any help would be great!!
Old 01-07-2003, 09:14 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default coroplast

Call them. I believe thy have a 1-800 number on thier website.

I had to call them regarding a credit card problem when I placed my recent order. (Replacement card... not activated yet.) They were very friendly and helpful. Got the order out QUICK!
Old 01-08-2003, 12:56 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default coroplast

This stuff should also be avaliable at any 'sign makers' shop / store. As it is a standard for signs! (haha! Get your graphics cut there too!!)

Also try better 'art supply' stores, and maybe the local 'Home Depot'. They sometimes have coroplast.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:00 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default coroplast

I've had problems getting a decent deal from sign shops. For some reason they think they should charge $22.50 to $27.00 for a 4X8 sheet of 4 mm coro.

For the price of 2 sheets of coro from the sign shop... I got 3 sheets of 4mm, and 3 sheets of 2 mm from Harbor Sales... with no shipping charge or tax. (and that even included the charge for cutting it into 2X4 pieces so it will ship UPS...)

since it only takes 3 days to get the coro shipped... I can't find ANY reason to mess with the sign shops.
Old 01-09-2003, 12:44 PM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

Default coroplast

Great! thanks for the info / update!
Old 01-09-2003, 02:26 PM
BrandonHarmon
My Feedback: (33)

Default coroplast

4mm can be had at any of my local sign shops. You could try yours. As an avid SPAD builder I would suggest starting with a SPAD that has a GUTTER DOWNSPOUT fuse. Trying to start with a coro fuse can be done but you will be better suited to make that after some building time on just wings an tail feathers. This is jut my opinion. GRP in Paducah has coro and will ship, around 8.00 4x8 sheet cut for 4mm #1-800-391-5721
Old 01-31-2003, 07:15 AM
Tattooold

Default coroplast

There are more mail order Coroplast options HERE
Also dont overlook the free Coroplast that get thrown in the dumpsters every day behind gas stations and convienance stores. Planes built from discarded signs are some of my favorites, and really get the looks at the field...the plane in my avitar was built from a Coke sign from a local gas station.