Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Building a Bleriot XI

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:14 AM
j3df

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a Bleriot XI

Hello,Wanting to build the Bleriot XI aircraft that crossed the English Channel, I searched for blueprints off it. I have run into a little problem.Attached are two blueprints of the Bleriot XI. I don't know which variation is the correct one. I want to use the one that crossed the English Channel. Notice the wheel structure and the body is a little different.Please, NO google it. I have already tried that.One more question, I am going to build the body out of blasa wood and-I think- the wing out off foam. I am also going to use a 250 size electric motor. Looking at some other aircraft on the market, I am thinking about making the wingspan 38 in to 40 in. Any suggestions on size would help-this will be my first attempt of making a radio control airplane from scratch. Thanks a bunch,J3dF
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18560.gif
Views:	67
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1827720   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44405.gif
Views:	87
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1827721  
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 AM
R_G
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Building a Bleriot XI

You might want to check out [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996104]this thread on RCG[/link]. The builder might be able to answer your questions. He's done some incredible work on his 1/2 Scale Bleriot XI.

RG
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picture of the one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Av...ot_XI_1909.jpg
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM
j3df

First, thanks for the link R G. It will help a bunch.

In the picture TFF posted, the wheel struts connectedat the middle of the wing.The problem is I have seen pictures with the wheel struts connected at the front of the wing. I don't know who to believe. I want it to look like the one that cross the channel.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 AM
j3df

Thanks ya'll.I have decided to go with the drawing with the struts in the middle of the wing. I watched the video of the real takeoff and I think this is correct.Anyways, it shouldn't be to hard to chance.