Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:09 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

The problem Ed is unless they see a large amount being scammed, I think my local police set it at $10K, the authorities don't seem to want to do much. If it's not major, brings in a fast buck like a traffic citation, or someone with influence gets complains, they just seem to ignore the problem and play the old limited manpower card.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

We need this thread to serve as a warning to all to not order anything from RCM Plans. But it is too easy for such a thread to turn into a flame fest and has required frequent moderating.

And let's face facts. Each new report at this point is just another swing of the whip against a long dead horse. As a result I'm going to sticky this thread to act as a warning to all.

Fair warning though that any and all casual inflammatory rants with no value will continue to be deleted.

To those which got caught and feel the need to tell someone take heart that you're not the first to be caught by this issue. Please accept it and move on. Nothing will be gained by adding another tale to those already posted at this point.

At this point it is clear.

DO NOT ORDER FROM RCM PLANS

Hopefully we'll see this condition change soon and RCM Plans will pass on to some new operator that takes the idea of integrity seriously and we can again buy these plans in good faith. Until that time this thread will stay stickied as a warning.

Last edited by BMatthews; 02-12-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't see that anybody has gotten out of line in there posts that would have warranted locking the thread. By leaving it open we can leave the thread vibrant and towards the top of the thread list so that others can ad to the long list to help keep a chain of what is going on. I think that until we can finally get RCM Plans Service closed down and get money refunded this thread and similar ones need to remain open in order for everybody to continue to post their problems here.

Ken
Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
FlyerInOKC

And this thread can also serve to notify the forum in any changes like new owner/management or status change of the website.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
b.bixel
My Feedback: (123)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this should be a sticky... At least until someone who has previously posted, can in fact, post that they did in fact receive what they ordered!

Regards,
Bart
Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

This thread is a sticky

Ken
Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Red_Jeepster

Has anyone actually gone to Gold Beach, OR to try and contact the lady at RCM Plans? I fear that age may have taken it's toll, and she is no longer able to sustain business. Iwould hate to see this HUGE asset go away, simply because she passed on and no one tried to purchase the business.
I'd be interested, but I am in PA.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that there would be several people interested in continuing the service and maintaining the archive, including me. I used to live in Portland (now in Houston), but I don't think I could have even gotten to Gold Beach when I lived in Portland. It really would be a shame to see this collection of plans disappear. If anyone hears anything about the availability of the collection, please post it. Let's not lose this resource.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
b.bixel

I contacted RCM plans VIA their contact page this morning at 9:51 AM stating that I was interested in buying the business, to keep the RCM legacy alive well into the future.

At 11 AM, 2 hrs, 2 minutes later I received the following reply;

"Thank you for your interest. We are not selling the business at this time. We will be back in full action sometime in March. We will keep your email on file if we change our minds in the future"

I hope they make good. I've got plans to order!

Regards,
Bart
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

That was the same answer I received when RCM magazine folded up and I asked to buy the plans service. That was the same answer I received 5 years ago when I asked to buy the plans service. That was the same answer I received 3 years ago when I asked to buy the plans service. That was the same answer they gave the AMA when they asked to buy their plans service. That was the same answer they gave Model Airplane News when they asked to buy the plans service. Yet they are still taking money for plans and not delivering those plans. As far as I am concerned they are not to be believed any longer and unless they contact me with a valid offer to sell me plans service that they promised they would do years ago if they ever decided that they didn't want to keep the service running I will consider them an enemy of the hobby.

Ken
Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM
b.bixel

Ok, ok, RCKen I'm getting it, LOL!
Come to think of it they didn't say March 2014, just March. Lots of marches between now and eternity.

Bart
Old 02-19-2014, 07:54 PM
njones68

Default Shuswap Flyer

I also ordered plans from RCM back in Feb. but did not receive them, I sent two e-mails requesting status but all I got back was a suspicious looking DELAYED SHIPMENT message from someone called Postmaster, shortly after my card was defrauded to the tune of $1583. Luckily the Card Company caught it and is doing an investigation, not saying it was RCM but had not used it anywhere else recently and it coincided with the suspicious e-mail.

Will not deal with them again.

Nigel Jones, salmon Arm, BC
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM
FlyerInOKC

The RCM people with their March start up sound like the owner of a classic Lincoln Mark III I know of. He wouldn't sell saying he was going to restore himself. He kept saying it right up to the point the city gave him a citation for storing junk and he was forced to scrap it because it was too rusted away to rebuild.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 PM
proteus_X3
My Feedback: (16)

Originally Posted by proteus_X3
Well it's been almost a year and I still don't have my Pica/ Platt 65" FW-190 Dora plans...Never again will I order from RCM again.

As dirtybird stated this is FRAUD,TO BE MORE SPECIFIC IT IS MAIL FRAUD AND I FILING A COMPLAINT AGAINST RCM.I HAVE ATTEMPTED NUMEROUS TIMES AND THEY NEVER ANSWER My CALLS OR EMAILS.YES I'M PISSED.....Sorry for yelling,I just hate being ripped off.I know they are slow and I think I read there maybe so health related issues,but for crying out-loud, communicate these problems with your customer's, answer your phone and if needed stop taking money for product that you can't deliver in a timely manner.If anyone else is interested in filing a complaint see link.I'm posting my order that I just pulled from account on RCM's website "order status" is still [i]processing and shipping[/]
http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/

Order Date: Thursday 27 December, 2012

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: tableHeading, bgcolor: #CACACA"]
[TH="align: center"]Qty.[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Products[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Total[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: accountQuantityDisplay, align: center"]1 ea.[/TD]
[TD="class: accountProductDisplay"]FOCKE-WULF FW 190 D-9[/TD]
[TD="class: accountTotalDisplay, align: right"]$23.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[HR][/HR]
$23.50
Sub-Total:

$11.00
Plans rolled in MAIL TUBE (Best Way):

$34.50
Total:

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR="class: tableHeading, bgcolor: #CACACA"]
[TH="align: center"]Date[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Order Status[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Comments[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12/27/2012[/TD]
[TD]Processing & Shipping[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[HR][/HR]Delivery Address

Rich Johnson

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
United StatesShipping Method

Plans rolled in MAIL TUBE (Best Way)

Billing Address

Rich Johnson

Elizabeth, New Jersey 07208
United StatesPayment Method

Credit Card

I truly wish I didn't need too do this but I have had it with them. Rich

USPS response: Mail Fraud Complaint form submitted successfully.Thank you for completing the form.
The information you provided will be entered into our national complaint system.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service gathers data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can't guarantee that we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent other people from being victimized. U.S. Postal Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance, and pattern of complaints received from the public.
We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint. We will contact you ONLY if more information is needed.
I just receive a email from the USPS Inspection Service content of email is below,it appears the USPS is following the case.

CISCFCSExt​ernal@uspis​.gov ([email protected])
Add to contacts
4:10 PM

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System. Your reference number is C#1687323. If we need more information, you will be contacted directly. Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.
Please note that Postal Inspectors do not have the authority to ensure that your losses are refunded.
We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction.
In the future, if you have complaints about mail fraud or mail theft, you can visit our website,http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov, to file a complaint online.

United States Postal Inspection Service

This is a system-generated email message. Please do not reply to this message.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:34 PM
SnApRoLl-

Hello all,
First I just to say that I'm sorry to hear about everyone or was ripped off by RCM Plans Service. I also sent a report to the OR. D.O.J. letting them what RCM is doing and also thought I'd try to help by doing a "Whois" on their web site and I.P. to see if there was any other contact info and Unfortunately there are no Registrant name(s), phone numbers, and it shows that the registrant is listed as being from Sierra Madre Ca. and not in Oregon. However, it does show the Registrant e-mail to be [email protected] and the Registrar to be www.networksolutions.com so maybe you guys could try contacting them and explaining that RCM is ripping people off and they might be able to give some kind of contact info or at least shut their site down to prevent any further ripoff's.
Here are the Whois Results,

Domain Name: RCMPLANS.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Updated Date: 2013-08-22T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2005-11-09T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-08-16T00:00:00Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 800-333-7680
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: RC Modeler
Registrant Organization: RC Modeler
Registrant Street: 144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
Registrant City: Sierra Madre
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 91024
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 999 999 9999
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: 999 999 9999
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email:
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: RC Modeler
Admin Organization: RC Modeler
Admin Street: 144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
Admin City: Sierra Madre
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 91024
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 999 999 9999
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: 999 999 9999
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: RC Modeler
Tech Organization: RC Modeler
Tech Street: 144 W. Sierra Madre Blvd
Tech City: Sierra Madre
Tech State/Province: CA
Tech Postal Code: 91024
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 999 999 9999
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: 999 999 9999
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: DNS1.RAIDDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS6.RAIDDNS.ORG
Name Server: DNS4.RAIDDNS.NET
Name Server: DNS5.RAIDDNS.ORG
Name Server: DNS2.RAIDDNS.COM
Name Server: DNS3.RAIDDNS.NET
DNSSEC: not signed
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 01:06:24 UTC
Old 02-25-2014, 06:01 PM
SnApRoLl-

I also found that the phone number listed on the site belongs to a Joseph Thomas McCabe in Pasadena Ca.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:53 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Default RCM Plans Mail Fraud

Shawn:
Thanks for the info. I just submitted a fraud complaint to the US Postal Inspector Service at the link posted above. I will update the thread as I receive info.

Ed
Old 02-26-2014, 05:00 AM
edwarda10pilot

Default RCM Plans Issues

Yesterday I filed a Mail Fraud complaint with the U.S. Postal Inspector. A few days earlier I had sent an e-mail to RCM asking for an update in my order. Yesterday evening I received the reply below from them:

RCM Reply to my E-mail requesting My Order Status

Thank you for your order with RCM Plans. We are sorry for the delay in
responding.

Our system has been down for quite some time. We were locked out of our
entire system. We were unable to access the admin portion of the
website, emails (which we lost most of), orders, etc. We are trying to
resolve the problems with our hosting company. We hope to have all
problems resolved by sometime in March. The email portion of the
website restarted on 02/14/14.

RCM Plans is very recently under new management and we are seeing to
fixing the problems and also to refunding anyone who has not yet
received their money back. If someone chooses to receive the product
that they ordered, we will also help them with this.

Please let us know if you would like to wait or would like a refund and
we will help in any way we can.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I replied to them with a link to this thread and asked them to do the following:

1. Please read thru the thread
2. Please reply on this thread with an explanation of their intentions.
3. Identify the new owners and provide contact info
4. Do not allow any new purchases until they can solve their website problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I can only speak for myself but I believe many others feel the same way. In my reply to them I told them that the modeling community wanted this wonderful repository of plans to continue to be available, but they needed to come clean with us. I did tell them that I would wait a while longer for them to "get things back on track" and hoped to receive my plans.

I also stated that I was willing to withdraw my complaint with the U.S. Postal Inspector if they would do the above. I will wait a little longer and see what happens.

Ed
Old 02-26-2014, 06:50 AM
FlyerInOKC

The more people who report the more action the problem will get.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:56 AM
FlyerInOKC

I use to call out Uncle Willie for Copywrite violations on RCM (and other designers) plans. At least Willie always delivered the plans as far as I know. He never took money and didn't deliver, you got what you paid for. He is probably splitting a gut laughing if he is reading this.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:30 PM
grh_70

Ed,

Who signed the RCM Plans reply to your original inquiry (if anybody)?
Old 02-26-2014, 05:05 PM
edwarda10pilot

Originally Posted by grh_70
Ed,

Who signed the RCM Plans reply to your original inquiry (if anybody)?
grh:
Unfortunately no one signed it. I do have an update from my post earlier today.

After I made the post above, I got a notice that my e-mail back to rcm had been returned with a message "451 temporary problem, please try later". I tried to send the e-mail again later and got the same reply. I then decided that I would contact them thru their website "contact us" link on the web, so I did. I just got a reply from them and they thanked me for my reply. THe respondent again stated that they are trying to get the problems resolved but did not identify himself/herself. However, I think that the fact that they are replying suggests that someone is trying to "make things right". I am cautiously optimistic and plan (no pun intended) to give them a little more time.

In the RCM reply above, they mention that they have lost most of the e-mails so if someone has ordered from them and can provide the date, order number, etc. then I might suggest that you contact them thru their website contact link. It has worked for me.

Ed
Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
grh_70

Ed,

It certainly is an improvement that at long last that someone from RCM Plans is finally communicating, “Change of management” does not necessarily imply
new ownership. It could be that the heretofore owners. Christine and James Depaepe, have engaged the services of someone to hopefully competent to
manage the business.

In either case they have not yet addressed standing issues with the Oregon Secretary Of State Corporate Division. The business is now entering the 5[SUP]th[/SUP]
Month of Corporate Dissolution, for failing to file their Co. Annual Report and pay their annual fees which were due August, 2013 –which means they have been
doing business illegally for the last 4+ months. Also, if there has been an ownership change it has not been reported to the State as required. Their reported Principal Place of Business remains 3204 Watson Lane Space H, Gold Beach, OR 97444, a Trailer/RV/Mobile Home Park, located on the Rogue River, about 9 miles East of the City of Gold Beach, in Curry County,

Also, The stated Co. Registered Agent remains James Depaepe, appointed 1/02/09. Any change in the Co. Ownership, Address, or Registered Agent
Must be filed with the OR Sec. of State Corporate Division. None of this including last Annual Report filing has been done as of today’s date. As a result the Co. name RCM Plans, LLC is potentially up for grabs. Most likely the State would give them a chance to get in compliance before giving the name away; but technically it is available now, something a new owner should address now. http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_w...&p_print=FALSE

Whatever the situation, I hope it gets worked out, principally for those who have paid and received nothing.

GeneH
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RCM_Reg_2.pdf (20.4 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by grh_70; 02-26-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: attachments
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 AM
edwarda10pilot

Gene:
I agree with everything you said. I can not offer any insight into what is happening as I have only gotten the replies I posted. Perhaps it would be good if those on this thread that have purchased merchandise and not received it went to www.rcmplans.com and communicated with the RCM people via their "contact us" link. I really don't know if anything would come of it but it might be worth a try. It might do a couple of things. First, since they said they lost many of the e-mails it might help them to "remember" who had ordered what. Second, it might show them that there are a lot of people in the modeling community that would like them to succeed and this might encourage them to try to solve the problems they have. I really don't know what else to do.

Ed
Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 AM
FlyerInOKC

We criminal investigations started they can only stall for so long. Even if they have a legitimate excuse they can still be prosecuted or forced to close/sell the company. I doubt they have the resources for a legal battle and would probably be forced to sell out to pay to fight legal prosecution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.