Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:00 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

I really liked RCM, ordered from them some 20 - 30 years ago. Then, they always delivered. Thanks all for the feedback. If they are purchased and under a new owner, if reliable then I may consider ordering from them.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:16 PM
sterbejj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once more, I am trying to contact RCM Plans about an order I placed in February 2013. Their web site has been updated indicating new management and an intent to satisfy outstanding orders or refund payments received. Unfortunately, there still seems to be no way to contact them. The toll free number listed on the contact page is not a working number. The other number rings a few times, then goes into a beep-beep-beep and no one picks up. I tried sending a message using their on-line mailgram form but have not received a reply. So, off went yet another mailgram and snail-mail letter to Alicia Suarez of the Oregon Department of Justice. Sooner or later I hope someone will straighten out this mess and once again make the RCM plans collection available to the model aviation community.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:19 PM
grh_70

sterbejj,

Updated RCM website and under "new management" or not,they are still operating illegally.Oregon Division of the State Attorney General
put RCMPlans LLC into Administrative Dissolution back in October 2013. Per associated regulations, they are not permitted to carry on any business
until their non compliance issues are resolved, AS of today this has not happened. No change in ownership, Registered Agent or Business Address
has been filed --more non compliance issues.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_w...&p_print=FALSE

Oregon regs re Administrative Dissolution:
"63.651 Procedure; effect of administrative dissolution. (1) If the Secretary of State
determines that one or more grounds exist under ORS 63.647 for dissolving a limited
liability company, the Secretary of State shall give the limited liability company written
notice of the determination.
(2) If the limited liability company does not correct each ground for dissolution or
demonstrate to the reasonable satisfaction of the Secretary of State, within 45 days after
notice is given, that each of the grounds that the Secretary of State has determined to be a
ground for the dissolution does not exist, the Secretary of State shall dissolve the limited
liability company.
(3) A limited liability company administratively dissolved continues the limited
liability company’s existence but may not carry on any activities except activities that are
necessary or appropriate to wind up and liquidate the limited liability company’s business
and affairs under ORS 63.637 and notify claimants under ORS 63.641 and 63.644."

To file a complaint:
https://justice.oregon.gov/forms/consumer_complaint.asp

Last edited by grh_70; 03-20-2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 03-21-2014, 05:34 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Since they are attempting to still do business I hope you notified the Oregon Secretary of State's office so they can take action.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:05 PM
aussie
My Feedback: (2)

One thing I noticed with their revamped (so to speak) site is that some of the plans have had a dramatic price increase. Take the Aeronca Champion, I'm sure that before it was around $40 US but is now listed for $92.00 US, Might as well buy an ARF, Even Ziroli plans are cheaper and a lot more detailed. and then Andersons plans, all over $70.00 now, thank god he placed them on his website as freebie's, I'll bet if they actually sold one they wouldn;t be flicking him anything for royalties. Seems that who ever is now running the show wants to make up for lost income by slugging the scratch builder. From where I sit, there not in it as modellers.
Just my 10 cents worth
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 AM
GallopingGhostler

Yes, their costs are definitely up, for example, https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?m...237f556f85dec2

is $42 US for a 57" (1500mm) wingspan model. Their Das Ugly Stik is $33. Those are a bit pricey for a set of plans. Some of their other plans for example trainers are around $15, which is not too bad. However, until I hear that they have rectified their sale problems, I have no plans to purchase from them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pl-1144.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1980622  
Old 03-23-2014, 02:54 PM
takEon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big time price increase.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:27 PM
jkpape

Their new prices are crazy high on some plans. They seem to have doubled, and in some cases tripled.:-( Makes me think they don't know what they are doing.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
GallopingGhostler

Very well could be. I remember seeing that happen at two hobby stores, one in Honolulu back in the late 1970's and in Albuquerque about 10 years ago. The new owners did not know what they were doing, shops were closed in 2 years. No one can continue with a lack of sales for any extended period of time.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:47 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Me thinks it is only a question of time

Ken
Old 03-23-2014, 05:49 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by grh_70
sterbejj,

Updated RCM website and under "new management" or not,they are still operating illegally.Oregon Division of the State Attorney General
put RCMPlans LLC into Administrative Dissolution back in October 2013. Per associated regulations, they are not permitted to carry on any business
until their non compliance issues are resolved, AS of today this has not happened. No change in ownership, Registered Agent or Business Address
has been filed --more non compliance issues.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_w...&p_print=FALSE

Oregon regs re Administrative Dissolution:
"63.651 Procedure; effect of administrative dissolution. (1) If the Secretary of State
determines that one or more grounds exist under ORS 63.647 for dissolving a limited
liability company, the Secretary of State shall give the limited liability company written
notice of the determination.
(2) If the limited liability company does not correct each ground for dissolution or
demonstrate to the reasonable satisfaction of the Secretary of State, within 45 days after
notice is given, that each of the grounds that the Secretary of State has determined to be a
ground for the dissolution does not exist, the Secretary of State shall dissolve the limited
liability company.
(3) A limited liability company administratively dissolved continues the limited
liability company’s existence but may not carry on any activities except activities that are
necessary or appropriate to wind up and liquidate the limited liability company’s business
and affairs under ORS 63.637 and notify claimants under ORS 63.641 and 63.644."

To file a complaint:
https://justice.oregon.gov/forms/consumer_complaint.asp
How is the state of Oregon going to stop a CA Co from operating?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
grh_70

"How is the state of Oregon going to stop a CA Co from operating?"

SIMPLE.

Oregon State is able to stop them from operating, because RCM Plans, LLC is a Registered Oregon Company,
THEY ARE NOT REGISTERED IN CALIFORNIA --out of date info on their website notwithstanding.

A bit of history:

An employee, Christine Nicholson, acquired the rights to the RCModeler Plans Service i 2005 and started operating from the same general
SoCal area as the magazine. until mid 2007, at which which time it was moved to the outskirts of Gold Beach, Oregon.
Oregon registration of RCM Plans took effect 8/07/07. They have remained an Oregon registered operation since.

On 10/04/13 RCM plans was put in Administrative Dissolution for failing to file their Annual Report and pay their annual fee.
Operating the business while in Administrative is not legal. If new owners have taken over they are required to update
with the OR Corporate Division specifying the new operating address and identity/address of the new Registered Agent ( the live person
who is the official recipient for the Co. for the the service of legal process). None of this has happened to date per the online
Oregon records of Registered Companies.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Lake Flyer
My Feedback: (13)

WOW! I had a list of plans I wanted to get if they got back in business. At those prices I'll beg for them on the internet first. Modelers are great at helping each other out I suspect there will be a lot of scans of RCM plans being passed around in the future.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:22 PM
GallopingGhostler

I am surprised then that their website is still allowed to apparently do sales. Most other operations would have a warning when entering to let others know they are not conducting business, or give a target date when they plan to be open. I was able to fill my shopping cart with a plan.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
aussie
My Feedback: (2)

Thought I'd add a couple of plans to see what the postage would be like and no surprise, very inconsistent.

Added one single sheet plan, $10.00 postage, added another single, $14.00

Deleted them then added a 5 sheet plan set, $10.00, then added a 6 sheet plan set, $14.00.

So it seams that they calculate postage by the number of plan sets you buy and not by their weight. Maybe this is why they have upped the prices to cover the fact they can;t work out reasonably postage figures
Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 AM
FlyerInOKC

If the Oregon Secretary of State issues a letter to the ISP you'll see the plug get pulled fast. That was what happened to Uncle Willies websites. He didn't own the copywrites and got shutdown every time he tried to start a new website, Ebay pulled the plug on him too for the same reason.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 AM
turkey hunter
My Feedback: (10)

Wow! I ordered plans back in early February. Now I know why I haven't received them, and to make matters worse, I paid with a Postal Money Order! Crap!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM
FlyerInOKC

File a complaint with USPS is it's one of there MOs. The postal inspectors have the power to suspend their mailing privileges. Anything coming to them is returned as "fraudulent" and everything they try to send gets held up as well.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Bob Paris

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've ordered plans from RCM over the years and I've always received my plans. I live in Hawaii, so everything takes time to get here. I usually order my plans ahead of time...so to gather all my needed equipment to build the model. Two~six weeks is the norm here to receive anything and a little patience goes a long way to keep this hobby happy.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 03-24-2014, 02:20 PM
GallopingGhostler

Bob, have you ordered recently from them? I used to order from them, when RCM was still in publication. Then they were faithful. It seems as of recent, over the past year perhaps 2, a number of folk have paid but not received their plans. If you have, I think all would like to know about it.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Bob Paris

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay George,
I ordered last year, three sets of plans from RCM Plans service. The Plan Number 1322 (PV-1 Ventura), #1336 (A-26 Invader) and #1030 (Crusader II). Plans were ordered and received with in five weeks to Hawaii. Its sad to hear some folks have not received their plans from them and I'm not trying to take anything away from them or their loss. Its just that my service from them has been good so far. I know things can change and also get lost in the mails...for I've had that happen several times over the years living in Hawaii. We have no real hobby shops on Maui, so everything is mail order...one way or another. I've had things lost for over five months...magically show up, and in every case had to deal with the return (if order was replaced). The last return was to Horizon Hobbies on a set of electric landing gear I purchased on line. After six weeks and no landing gear I called them, and they sent a second set out to me...wouldn't you know it...two day's latter they arrived. Late delivers happen...and no shows too. I just wanted to share my experience with RCM Plans service. I have never had the need to call them, so I have no idea of the issues with phoning them. But for me, so far, they have given me good service.

I too was deeply saddened when RCM went out of business, for I thought they were the best in the business. I considered Don Dewy a friend and felt the loss at his passing. This did not play in anything I stated above, for I've never lost a plan from them, so far.
Soft Landings Always,
Aloha,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 03-24-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:21 PM
bjbellino
My Feedback: (176)

Got the urge one day and decided to order the flying lawn mower plans. Thought I ordered the plans online, gave them my credit info and everything seemed ok? Waited, waited and honestly forgot about the order, went back on my emails, and decided to email these people and find out what happened to my order. Inquired in my email that I had ordered the plans several months ago and no big deal, have several other projects to keep me busy, but would still like to surprise my felllow club members in the spring with a rc lawn mower that flys. NEVER got any type of acknowledgement as to the first order or subsequent follow-up inquiry about what's going on. If they have went out of business, fine, if they have not, they will soon be. would still like to obtain the plans, but then again that's ok, Bob.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:25 PM
GallopingGhostler

No problem, Bob. The truth is the truth, and its what we need to hear. I know what you are talking about, I used to live in Hawaii back in the 60's through early 80's, Oahu to be exact. I remember when UPS was new, and it was exciting to receive packages in several days versus several weeks for parcel post mail. Sometimes I felt like BC texting on a wood plank, drop it in the ocean for the tide to carry it out, then waiting for the reply to come several days later, when the tide brought the reply plank in.

Yes, RCM was a great magazine, had excellent articles and construction plans. I enjoyed the likes of Ken Willard when he was still alive, had many excellent construction articles and plans. Also liked stuff by Randy Randolph, Lee Renauld, and etc. I guess low and behold, it is part of a bygone era.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:10 PM
grh_70

For those who might be confused by the fact that RCM Plans, is operating from Oregon; but according to their website under the heading "Conditions of use"
make the following statements:

"Applicable LawBy visiting RCMPlans.com, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and RCM Plans.
Disputes
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to RCMPlans.com or to products or services sold or distributed by RCM Plans or through RCMPlans.com in which the aggregate total claim for relief sought on behalf of one or more parties exceeds $7,500 shall be adjudicated in any state or federal court in Los Angeles County, California, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.

By visiting RCMPlans.com, you agree that the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and RCM Plans."

Go to http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/ then click on Business Entities and enter " RCM Plans" and see what turns up -- NADA.
They ceased to be a CA Corp when they moved to Oregon. But still claim to be under CA jurisdiction, Go figure.

Last edited by grh_70; 03-24-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 PM
electricaaron

Hi there
I have been caught by RCM too. Placed an order on 29th Jan and another a few days later, have not received either order. My credit card was charged straight away for both orders. Have tried contact and have only received an automated email saying they are trying to sort out the issues. I wish I searched for feedback first but with such a well known company I didn't feel the need. This company is acting in a fraudulent manner as they are accepting payments without being able to fill the order. Do not order from RCM plans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.