Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Old 03-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Instructor
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turkey hunter
Wow! I ordered plans back in early February. Now I know why I haven't received them, and to make matters worse, I paid with a Postal Money Order! Crap!!!
Hi Turkey Hunter,

If you still have your P O receipt take it to the PO and they can find out when the MO was cashed. They can get you your money back. Also, if these plans are sent through the Post Office, then it is a Federal Offence & Fraud......

Larry
Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 PM
AERORICH73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi fellows: We have received an e-mail message from the Oregon Department of Justice that they are sending a letter to the RCM people about the financial situation they have developed in not sending out the ordered plans. If any one wants a copy of the letter, just contact me at: [email protected] and I will send it to you along with the write up my wife sent them. While the volume of plans the RCM has are somewhat dated, they are very well received by all interested modelers. Let us hope a new owner will come out of this mess who would enjoy supplying the requested plans.

Richard Scherer
Retired A&P Horizon Airlines.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:28 AM
SnApRoLl-

Any new updates yet?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM
stearman70

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello. I live in mexico and always i bought rcm plans. In june of 2014 i paid them 6 and never they sent me, never answered me my emails and my phone calls. Is there any thing i can do to make they send me those planes? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:36 PM
AERORICH73

Hi fellows: So far no information has been received by us about RCM Plans Service answering the letter sent by the Oregon Attorney's office. In the letter from the attorney's, it was mentioned that there could be a long wait for them to respond. I would believe they would file bankruptcy before answering the sent letter. It just saddens me that this last stronghold of model plans seems to be ending. Believe there is a growing market for model plans since the new age has come apond us in the diversity of manufactured construction of models in the market place. When one is convenience they have no time to build a model, then the original meaning of model aviation is gone. Piloting a model after building is a test to see if the design, and construction really did fly. I am sure we all enjoy flying what we build, but changing it to become just a pilots club removes the original definition.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:49 AM
Red_Jeepster

Yes it certainly appears like they are not planning to do anything but "fade away" into the sunset. I too, have written to them twice since their updated web notice, without any response of any kind. I wasn't asking for money back, as I am not owed any. Fortunately my last order was shipped at around the time when it was necessary to call and speak to the older lady personally to get them to ship. As it happens, she shipped my order that same week. But that was some time ago.
My inquiry was simply to ask if they truly were back in business, and prepared to fill new orders yet. No response in either letter or email.
I guess it is up to those of us who do have RCM plans to let each other know, and build a 'network' or means of sharing with each other. I wouldn't be too concerned about the legal ramifications, as there doesn't seem to be anyone to speak up for the RCM PLANS people. (Who knows, maybe that would shake their tree and get them to wake up?)
Old 06-28-2014, 04:51 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Things are not looking very good. I just went to www.rcmplans.com and was able to land on the page, such as it was, but was unable to drill down any further

I'm using IE11 and WIN7. Can anyone else get in?

Bob
Old 06-28-2014, 05:30 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could not. I get a message:

"There is a problem with this websites security certificate"

Ed
Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 PM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it's been like this for about a week. A very undignified death.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:16 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 263 Likes on 231 Posts

I made an exception to the security certificate and was able to drill down. I selected a plan at random and went to check out. It appears if I completed the required fields I could place an order. I didn't complete the required information.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
I made an exception to the security certificate and was able to drill down. I selected a plan at random and went to check out. It appears if I completed the required fields I could place an order. I didn't complete the required information.
It seems business as usual. Until they update that website in a manner that shows they are actively engaged in business, I plan not to pursue any purchases with them. They are missing images to complete the web page, the HTLM is incomplete, formatting is lacking. This is disturbing giving appearance that no one is truly home, overseeing the site. If truly under new management, you'd expect to see sweeping revisions to help draw in new customers and encourage past ones to return. I'm surprise that the State of Oregon hasn't pulled the plug on the website.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:33 PM
FlyerInOKC

I would have thought they would have sent a cease and desist to the company hosting the website.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:33 PM
GallopingGhostler

I would have thought they would have sent a cease and desist to the company hosting the website.
You'd think they would have, but apparently not.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:35 PM
grh_70

"I would have thought they would have sent a cease and desist to the company hosting the website."

Who is the "they" you are referring to ?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:51 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by grh_70
"I would have thought they would have sent a cease and desist to the company hosting the website."

Who is the "they" you are referring to ?
The Oregon Attorney's office
Old 07-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Guys,
My security program on my computer (Malwarebytes) told me the site was suspect and wouldn't let me in. That's interesting. Its sad to see such a great legacy go south like this one has. I knew Don Dewy and read his magazine monthly for many years. I built several models off of the plans published and this was at one time, the hobby standard for service and content. It seems...no longer.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 PM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
Hay Guys,
My security program on my computer (Malwarebytes) told me the site was suspect and wouldn't let me in. That's interesting. Its sad to see such a great legacy go south like this one has. I knew Don Dewy and read his magazine monthly for many years. I built several models off of the plans published and this was at one time, the hobby standard for service and content. It seems...no longer.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Bobby,
Malwarebytes will block a site with an out of date security certificate and call it suspect.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:28 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Bobby,
Malwarebytes will block a site with an out of date security certificate and call it suspect.
What he said!!!! :-)

Ken
Old 08-16-2014, 03:14 PM
SnApRoLl-

I was able to access the site just fine and I even placed a fake order complete with a fake C.C.number. Of course I got an "Invalid C.C. Number" error but the fact that they are still taking orders and money is just proof that they are nothing but common thieves and that they don't care about any possible legal ramifications! However, I did send an E-Mail to the AMA to see if they could help. I will post back once I hear back from them.

Shawn
Old 08-16-2014, 03:23 PM
SnApRoLl-

Another Update,
I tried calling the phone numbers and they seem to be disconnected and I did a Who Is search and I got this,

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com] [whois.verisign-grs.com] Whois Server Version 2.0 Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net for detailed information. Domain Name: RCMPLANS.COM Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC. Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com Referral URL: http://networksolutions.com
Name Server: DNS1.RAIDDNS.COM Name Server: DNS2.RAIDDNS.COM Name Server: DNS3.RAIDDNS.NET Name Server: DNS4.RAIDDNS.NET Name Server: DNS5.RAIDDNS.ORG Name Server: DNS6.RAIDDNS.ORG Status: clientTransferProhibited Updated Date: 22-aug-2013 Creation Date: 16-aug-2005 Expiration Date: 16-aug-2014

The domain expires today, It will be interesting to see if it gets renewed.

Shawn
Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 AM
FlyerInOKC

Not dead yet I just tried https://www.rcmplans.com/ and was able to navigate.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Just drop drop your dime Mike

What a dirty shame they can no longer be used.
RCM published some great plans. I own a few. Some I built and some I never got around to building.

Ken
Old 08-19-2014, 06:49 AM
FlyerInOKC

I'm really hoping legal actions will force them to sell, if only to pay attorneys fees, and someone gets their hands on it that wants to bring the customer service back!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 AM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm really hoping legal actions will force them to sell, if only to pay attorneys fees, and someone gets their hands on it that wants to bring the customer service back!
Yeah yeah yeah heck yeah, what he said. What an fantastic treasure trove of plans that was.
Add some jail time for all the people the STOLE from.

Ken
Old 08-19-2014, 08:30 AM
GallopingGhostler

Originally Posted by flyingagin
Yeah yeah yeah heck yeah, what he said. What an fantastic treasure trove of plans that was.
Add some jail time for all the people the STOLE from. Ken
Looking to the positive, for now they are a closed door. This problem has given opportunity for others to pick up the slack. Some RCM plans are available on the various free download sites. What isn't available can be met with similar designs from other plans. Best I like is the wealth of UK and other nations outside the US plans. There are a lot of very appealing similar designs such as Veron, Aeromodeler, Frog, OK Models Pilot, you-name-it, etc.

Yes, it is a shame, but what can we do? Look as we pass by the wreck and keep moving forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.