Community
Search
Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

What wing incidence?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM
daytonarc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wing incidence?

<hr size="1" style="background-color: #c5ccd3; color: #c5ccd3" />
I have experience with balsa/plywood construction but decided I wanted to build a scratch, foam Decathlon to see if I could make something that would fly well, be capable of 3D and look somewhat like a Decathlon with a few dollars worth of foam board and pieces and parts I have around the shop. I have the fuselage framed and a fully symetrical airfoil wing with no dehydral ready to mount. My wing will mount with carbon rods/tubes at the front and nylon screws/blind nuts at the rear to make it sturdy and removable. Adjusting the incidence of the wing after the fact will be difficult. I want this plane to fly well inverted and knife edge as well as right side up. Any suggestions on the wing incidence? I was thinking maybe +2 degrees. The stab is at 0 degrees and the wing is fully symetrical. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What wing incidence?

If the wing incidence will be tough to adjust, how about the stab incidence? Decalage is the relationship between the wing and stab incidences so one can adjust either to provide a desired relationship. Bolt on stabs are not too difficult to do and usually they will allow shimming.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 PM
daytonarc
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What wing incidence?

Stab is already monted solid to the fuselage and covered. I covered the tailfeathers so I could install control horns and line up control rod tubes prior to closing up the fuselage with the turtle deck.